Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Defense looks great, Quarterbacking doesn't

54 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If this keeps up I can see Clausen starting by mid season. This team is going to need to get more QB production fast.

Posted · Report post

clausen has a better chance at starting at wr by midseason.

Posted · Report post

I disagree with the OP... Zod made the point in another thread... Moore looked fine, the o-line gave him time and he moved well, just didn't have anyone to throw it to... the WR's need a lot of work on getting open.

Posted · Report post

I say game 5. Now that the league has a little game film on Moore he will have to show what he's got. IMO i think he is a career backup but we will find out soon enough. I hope im wrong but i think once teams have time to prepare for him it will get ugly.

Posted · Report post

oh noez we are horibal... we should trade matty and jimmy for torel owens, and move john beastman to quarter back. that should save us right?

Posted · Report post

I think Moore will get better when some starters return. Defenses will have to account for that. At least he's not turning the ball over 4 or 5 times a game. Clausen hasn't looked any better or worse but even he says he's not 100% yet with his toe injury.

Posted · Report post

Yeah. He has showed nothing this preseason.

It's not like the Ravens, Jets and Titans have good defenses or anything. Not like the Panthers have been playing without their #1 threat at WR with Smith.

Let us just blindly judge the qbing position.

Posted · Report post

He's tied for the team lead in touchdown passes!

Posted · Report post

Moore made some bad throws, but nothing that would warrant any major worry. I did notice him getting frustrated by the batted down passes. The line was getting pushed way back last night.

Another thing I noticed, not that it matters much, is that Clausen has a lot more behind his passes than Moore.

Posted · Report post

Yeah. He has showed nothing this preseason.

It's not like the Ravens, Jets and Titans have good defenses or anything. Not like the Panthers have been playing without their #1 threat at WR with Smith.

Let us just blindly judge the qbing position.

And these are the types of teams we must beat. I love how fans say 'but so and so is a tough team'. Yeah...and? If Moore wants to be the QB then he has to beat those teams.

Posted · Report post

Jesus fug how many of these threads are needed?

Posted · Report post

What exactly has Jimmy Clausen done to earn a start other than attend Notre Dame?