Photo
- - - - -

...Dare I say....Obama has...his edge back? Well does he?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:20 PM

I don't know, but somewhere along the lines Obama went to the right of Dick Chenny. He didn't have that fire in his speeches after he became President. Today in his labor day speech he seems to have that fire and edge that he lost on Jan 21st 2009. Dems need that fire to get people to the polls in Novemeber.

#2 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:25 PM

Obama is always in campaign mode, nothing changed.

#3 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

No No No. I've seen many of his speeches the last 18 months and he sounded like my grandfather. I'm glad to see him like this. This is the Obama people voted for.

#4 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

Hell yeah! Sell our cars to China for 4 times what they're worth!!!!

#5 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,148 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:39 PM

How Obama got his groove back... He's an uninformed ass.

#6 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:55 PM

OBama just raped the GOP in the ass. The Dems need this kind of fire. Say what you want, but Obama is a great politican if nothing else, he can get people to the polls.

#7 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,101 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:57 PM

what edge? He's always struck me as the type that treads softly. One of his more admirable traits IMO.

Maybe you're thinking of Hillary.

#8 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,974 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:01 PM

Part of his edge is giving speeches to folks that are NOT his base.

#9 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:07 PM

He needs to get the left fired up before November. If he has to hammer the right to do it, then so be it. Senator Obama is more popular than President Obama, and if he has to time travel to 2 years ago, then so be it.

#10 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:10 PM

“There’s an old saying in Tennessee — I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me, you can’t get fooled again.”

#11 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,909 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:34 PM

GOP, DNC it doesnt matter anymore at this point. We should've all learned by now that we don't have choice when it comes to politics. With the Left and the Right you get the illusion of choice, but the fact of the matter remains that both sides are part of the same corrupt system, and serve the same corporate/special interests. For this reason its no wonder presidents/politicians fail to live up to campaign promises on a daily basis with issues that matter. Obama = Bush. End of story. As far as Obama's "fire" or "edge" is concerned, I wouldn't put faith in most anything coming out of a politician's mouth. These people are politicians. Its their job to tell us what we want to hear. Time and time again we are lied to and misguided by our so-called leaders, yet we still play their game.

The republicans are going to sweep the dems off the floor come election time in november...its like playing that old videogame pong - the bouncing ball goes back and forth, back and forth, forever...each side interchangeable with the other. does no one see the pattern here? When the pubs take back the majority a couple months from now we won't see any real difference. Yea the rhetoric and hopes will be high flying (while enabling more distractions to help divide the masses), but we the people aren't going to be represented anymore than we have been. The whole thing is a sham. The game is rigged. President's serve as PR men to sell the public the elite's plans, along with being fall guy who takes the blame when sh*t goes down...all in the meanwhile the true ruling powers maintain their authority behind the curtains. Both Bush and Obama are no exception to this type of puppetry.

Edited by venom, 06 September 2010 - 03:46 PM.

#12 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:56 PM

Yes both parties are from the same political assh#le,but at least the dems give the appearance they care about the little guy,the repubs are all about supporting the fat cats and a lot of poor,uneducated folks still love them,makes no sense!I guess it's the same as how women like the assh#le jerk,but nice guys finnish last!

#13 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,328 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:02 PM

The democrats had the poor uneducated white vote until the Republicans made racism part of their policy in the mid sixties/early seventies. If it was not for the Civil Rights Act, the Republicans would be about as popular as the libertarians today.

#14 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:18 PM

Well if venom says the repubs are going to sweep congress that looks pretty good for the dems. Back when Obama was elected I was concerned about the dems having too much power, I would have preferred a republican controlled congress, but after seeing how the republican senators have been acting for the past 2 years I'm not so sure anymore.

#15 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:54 PM

Today in his labor day speech he seems to have that fire and edge that he lost on Jan 21st 2009. Dems need that fire to get people to the polls in Novemeber.

He was speaking to unions. No need for safe-speak there..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com