Like a toiger.

#17 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

When we die, we all go to heaven. It's just really dark and musty. And 6 feet below ground.

#18 tattoorhino

tattoorhino

Follower of Christ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:48 PM

I am so glad noone is biting on this, that in itself is a relief. I will continue to pray for you guys.

#19 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:50 PM

I am so glad noone is biting on this, that in itself is a relief.

Bite on what? I think they're quite valid questions

#20 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,101 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:55 PM

Why would anyone "bite" on this? Simple logic cannot be argued against with "faith". You either have it or you don't. Come to think of it, that concept seems fatally flawed as well - If we are going to hell for not believing, and we do not believe because we have the capacity to understand logic and apply reason, and God gave us this capacity to understand logic and apply reason....wow my head is going to explode.

#21 tattoorhino

tattoorhino

Follower of Christ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:56 PM

Valid questions in which all of you have the answers you want to believe in. Same as the answers i want to believe in. A topic that has been discussed to death and if we were all on a level playing field it would be ok, but the Christian perspective on here no matter how valid it might be doesnt hold any weight with most of you so a intelligent discussion is useless. NONE OF US HAS THE CORRECT ANSWER. Im ok with that, Im sorry you guys always start these when your bored and you really wouldnt want a intelligent answer anyway.

#22 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,101 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

One day people in the future may well look back on me like I do those people from Mesoamerica that worshiped flying snakes. I'm ok with that.

But for right now just as I choose to believe that the speed of light is an unbreakable barrier, time travel is impossible, my dog loves me, and we are the only civilization that has ever existed on this rock; I believe in God.

Its funny how its the last one that makes me somehow less rational in some folks eyes.

#23 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,101 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

People don't fly airplanes into towers over the speed of light, time travel, doggie love, or ancient aliens.

#24 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

People don't fly airplanes into towers over the speed of light, time travel, doggie love, or ancient aliens.

So they really got 72 virgins?

#25 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:08 PM

I always wonder why people of faith take an attempt at rational deconstruction of religion(not even their own, just the existence of god) as a personal attack. As if it is taboo to question, ridicule, even make outright fun of religion. Why?

I know I used to feel that way, no matter how calm I tried to be.
I always felt like "THEY JUST DON'T GET IT, THEY CAN'T KNOW JOY".

Perhaps on this board, a few noisy non-believers like myself dominate these dicussions.
I assure you, IRL, this is not the case.
In fact, IRL, the atheist is like a man with a second head on his shoulders.
Weird as hell.

The sensitivity of religious discussion and deconstruction does explain how it can boil the blood hot enough to do bad things to the non-believer over though, doesn't it?

#26 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,101 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:10 PM

So they really got 72 virgins?

That's the good news. The bad news is that there was a reason they were all virgins.

#27 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:20 PM

Why would anyone "bite" on this? Simple logic cannot be argued against with "faith". You either have it or you don't. Come to think of it, that concept seems fatally flawed as well - If we are going to hell for not believing, and we do not believe because we have the capacity to understand logic and apply reason, and God gave us this capacity to understand logic and apply reason....wow my head is going to explode.

Indeed, which is why "my guy" Martin Luther called reason "the devil's *****".
Also why he hated Aristotle so much.

Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.- Martin Luther

I used to be cool with that. Not anymore.

#28 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:23 PM

Religion is like middleschool clicks....one is the cool kids, one is the nerds, one is the goths.....one is the jocks.... and they all dont like each other. Middle school crap IMO

#29 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,101 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:23 PM

So you're comparing run of the mill everyday Christians to terrorists masquerading as holy warriors?

I always wonder why people of faith take an attempt at rational deconstruction of religion(not even their own, just the existence of god) as a personal attack. As if it is taboo to question, ridicule, even make outright fun of religion. Why?

I know I used to feel that way, no matter how calm I tried to be.
I always felt like "THEY JUST DON'T GET IT, THEY CAN'T KNOW JOY".

Perhaps on this board, a few noisy non-believers like myself dominate these dicussions.
I assure you, IRL, this is not the case.
In fact, IRL, the atheist is like a man with a second head on his shoulders.
Weird as hell.

The sensitivity of religious discussion and deconstruction does explain how it can boil the blood hot enough to do bad things to the non-believer over though, doesn't it?

Its hardly a taboo question and one that, in my opinion, that must be asked in order for belief to follow.

Ill go down the road with you on whats wrong with the organizations that have grown up to support what is at its core a very simple belief. Hell Ill probably agree with you on a great many points. I'm just going to get testy when people start insinuating that I'm less rational or less intelligent because I choose to believe something they themselves do not.

#30 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:30 PM

So you're comparing run of the mill everyday Christians to terrorists masquerading as holy warriors?

Well, you know, probably the one and only thing they have in common is their belief in a God

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com