Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurb

That United Owner Front is looking great Jerry.

147 posts in this topic

It is a good debate because both sides have very arguable positions.

Like I said earlier, most people are a little bit right.

and they are arguable because we are so close to the season, and right now anyone could be right.

1 person likes this

Honestly I hope I am proven wrong.

That it isn't all about the 31 other owners and fuggin us.

If I am wrong we could explode this tendardam with talent and set a new standard in the league.

If I am wrong? Sad Panda's and alcoholic Panther fans.

Exactly. F**k Fox. F**k Hurney. F**k JR. F**k 'em all.

Then Housh was right there on the market and cheap as hell too. Yeah Housh said he wanted to go to the best contender but with how cheap of a contract he signed, if we threw out some bigger bucks than what the Ravens gave him there might have been a better chance of us getting him.

Unless we paid him over 7 million.. Seattle would have had to make up the difference to 7 million( so they are paying him 6.1 mill). Since that wasn't happening, Housh is essentially in a audition year. Housh was going to go to the best situation. If you were a WR in an "AUDITION" year. Would you sign with Ravens(considered a SB contender) with young pretty deep ball throwing Flacco. Or Carolina (not considered a SB contender) with Matt Moore. Unless you are a homer it was going to be Baltimore.

Boldin wanted to get paid, plus it cost draft picks. If you have already spent 3/4 picks on WR in this years draft why would you use more for a 31 year old WR?.

You guys need to man up and get back on the Lafell bandwagon.

2 people like this

You guys are way off.

Dwayne Jarrett + Charly Martin = sup pah bowwllll!!!!!111111

TJ Houshmanzadeh is way better than DeAngelo Williams, Ryan Kalil, Thomas Davis, etc-COMBINED.

That greedy old coot just didn't want to pay the young, fresh, Hall of Fame talent that is the Housh-and that's why we didn't sign him.

I think the simple point here is, if your thinking about the future when it comes to making business decisions regarding your team, well then your just a dang fool.

I hope we let all those clowns walk next year so we'll have the big bucks to fork out for some real talent, like Donte Stallworth for instance.

:rolleyes:

the only problem i have with this logic is the massive amount of money he is paying all the players that got cut this season.... that and the fact he will have enough money to buy half the nfl free agents when the lockout is over.

at first i would have agreed with you. i liked that he finally cut some of the fat, and i thought that he was doing it to get ready for a new lower salary-cap to be put in place next season, BUT, i am starting to wonder if this is how he will be conducting his business from here on out.

maybe he isnt saving monney to spend next year... maybe he is just going to go cheap on us permanently... i guess we will find out next season.

all i know is that he needs to quit fu%&ing around and at the very least get beason and deangelo signed. this has the potential to get really ugly if they decide to leave.

I'm not reading through all 11 pages so this may have been said already but what if we win? What if we end up being a decent squad? Would you really care or is it all about the money and who we could have signed? If we are 1-4 or 0-5 by the time our bye week comes around then we should be angry. But come on guys we haven't even played a down of actual football yet...let's see what we look like on the field before we start bashing the owner, coachers, and life in general.

I'm not reading through all 11 pages so this may have been said already but what if we win? What if we end up being a decent squad? Would you really care or is it all about the money and who we could have signed? If we are 1-4 or 0-5 by the time our bye week comes around then we should be angry. But come on guys we haven't even played a down of actual football yet...let's see what we look like on the field before we start bashing the owner, coachers, and life in general.

Winning without a highly paid FA WR isn't really winning at all.

LoL Think again if you think this is a rant on Jerry Ri chardson being a selfmade billionare. He has my utmost respect and I don't care if he is a Zillionare. I am most content with my income level, I would like to make a bit more, but I am sure Jerry would too.

Trust me when I say this, and many can attest to this, BoA NEEDS more fans like myself who will root for the team no matter what. Even when the owner is doing things I might not agree with.

Please excuse my exaggeration, I think Pepsi's are 5$ for 16oz thats MUCH more affordable.

Kurb, LOL back at ya.

Please excuse me if I misunderstood what you meant to say ... although I am not sure I misunderstood what you wrote. Glad to hear you say that you are a Panthers fan, "no matter what". Me, too.

My take - get rid of the lawyers and agents and the new agreement could be worked out in a few weeks.

Hope you will go to games anyway :cheers2: