Photo
- - - - -

That United Owner Front is looking great Jerry.

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#136 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:04 AM

Few Questions...

How many Panthers castoffs are playing significant roles elsewhere?
Have their positions been filled adequately?
Do we need a high priced defensive player?
Can we afford a high priced offensive player with key contracts coming up?

I did not like the moves and non moves early in the offseason, but now, I gotta tell ya, I am more excited about this young squad than any Panthers team over the past 5 years. They are starting to crack open a new playoff window which was slammed closed last season. This new one could be open for 5 years or more.

#137 E CaT PanTHer

E CaT PanTHer

Aite, Lets Do It !!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:38 AM

JR, he Big Cat, Jerry Richardson owner of the Panthers wanted the owners to stand together and show a united front on the CBA issue.

To support this Jerry has slashed costs, fielded a SUPER young team with some glaring oles, and generally ignored signing his young talented SuperStars.

The Panthers have the NFL version of a preschool at WR to couple with the NFL version of a temp service for Defensive Tackles. I would mention depth problems at O-line but I have run out of mildly amusing analogies.

To add insult to injury, ticket prices went up, again, with an inferior product.

All of this, to protect the glory of the might NFL Shield and his Billionare pals (insert 50yardline rant here) from the evils of paying millionares a few more millions.

The problem is this. Not all his buddies are on board.

Ravens: Add Boldin, Stallworth, Housh to make themselves serious contenders.

Niners: Resigned two of their young superstars to longterm extensions.

Cowturds: Resigned newly crowned WR star to longterm deal

Bears: Signed big name players in the offseason to add talent to both lines.

Jets: Resigned 2-3 young stars to long deals, signed several vet FA for depth.

Dolphins: Signed superstar WR

Not to mention: Atlanta, Seattle, and a few others.

Way to go Jerrahy. While you basically tell the Fans(/PSLowners/people who helped make your dream of having an NFL team in the Carolinas come true) that your buddies are more important than them, those same buddies have improved their teams and couple very well be having a chuckle at your rahrah attempts.

Sooo I have decided this. I won't be buying anything in your stadium this year. Keep your 10$ cans of coke and your 20$ BOJANGLES. To be honest it's going to be hard for me to even step foot in the PSL owners stadium until you start worrying more about winning and less about how many 100's of millions you and your pals can squeeze out of the NFLPA.

PS: I will acknowledge the huge cap space created, but what use is money if you can't spend it.....

I did the math Kurb, and if you posted on this message board every single second of every single day of every single year, it would take you 62 years to get to 2 billion + posts. Just saying.

#138 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:09 AM

Few Questions...

How many Panthers castoffs are playing significant roles elsewhere?
Have their positions been filled adequately?
Do we need a high priced defensive player?
Can we afford a high priced offensive player with key contracts coming up?

I did not like the moves and non moves early in the offseason, but now, I gotta tell ya, I am more excited about this young squad than any Panthers team over the past 5 years. They are starting to crack open a new playoff window which was slammed closed last season. This new one could be open for 5 years or more.

I thought you said earlier that your observations of the players demeaner and attitude at training camp didn't look very hopefull that this was a playoff caliber team.

#139 KatsAzz

KatsAzz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:09 AM

I would like to have signed a couple of high priced free agents this year but i feel signing our own next season is more important.
I believe this youth movement and retooling process we are currently undertaking will pay off in future years.
We may have to go through an adjustment period this year but long term it will probably be worth it.Patience is the key word this year,in my opinion.

#140 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:52 AM

I did the math Kurb, and if you posted on this message board every single second of every single day of every single year, it would take you 62 years to get to 2 billion + posts. Just saying.

for you yes this is true...

#141 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,657 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:59 AM

would you take an 8-8 season this year knowing you'd make the playoffs for the next five years after that? i would.

I'll take 8-8 this year regardless of the future because I think that will be an accomplishment.

#142 Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel

Respect the Rivera

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:06 AM

Outside of not pairing Smitty with a competent #2 (Boldin, Marshall, Jackson), I have no beef with the moves management has made. We usually spend money versus sitting on the sidelines during free agency, so I'm not going with the "what have you done for me lately" mentality. I like the youth movement and this team is going to be an unknown underdog kind of team that should be exciting to watch. Are we a 12-4 team? Nope. Are we a 5-11 team? Nope. To me this season is a transitional one because of several reasons---

- lockout looming, so lots of teams are in different mentalities than normal.
- figure out our coaching staff whether they renew or bring in new blood.
- decide on dwayne jarrett and let our draftees get some playing time.
- get a good look at whether Beason should stay outside and if Dan the Man can be our guy in the middle.
- set ourselves up for long-term success versus one good season.

Honestly, I feel bad more for Steve Smith since he is going to be asked to do so much and his window of time to slap a ring on his finger in Carolina is getting smaller. Other than that, I am okay with letting this season roll as is and let the cards fall as they may. We will be a little disappointed throughout, but I think there will be a lot of success and surprises as well.

#143 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:18 AM

Sure, but my question is "Isn't that a pretty big gamble ?" For us yea. For JR who gets 100's of millions no matter what our record, not really.

Like I said if the diabolical plan works, someone bump this thread and I will tell everyone I was wrong.

Hundreds of millions? How much do you think NFL teams profit each year? It's in the millions, but not hundreds of millions.

The Packers, one of the most storied franchises in the NFL with a 30 year wait for season tickets, only profited 9 million dollars last year. NINE MILLION on hundreds of million in revenue. Profit margins like that would make most business owners question why they are even in business.

Some of the larger market teams make quite a bit more, but none are profiting hundreds of millions. Revenue is irrelevant. Businesses aren't in business for revenue, they're in business for profit.

#144 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,318 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:54 AM

*sigh*

Edited by Kevin Greene, 12 September 2010 - 03:22 PM.

#145 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:26 PM

Bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com