This week's tailgate is sponsored by madhatter and Panthers55. Please be sure to thank them for their generosity this week as these tailgates would not happen without sponsors. Panthers55 owns four Sylvan Learning centers located in Denver, NC, Rock Hill/Ft. Mill, Spartanburg, SC and Shelby, NC. Sylvan Learning Centers are specialists in helping children of all ages overcome a myriad of learning hurdles and enabling them to academically thrive and be confident in their learning sphere. Please call them and let their experienced professionals help your children overcome their difficulties.
Mention the Huddle at one of these 4 locations and you will get a free assessment worth $175 for your child.
This Sunday we start the tailgating off with Ranucci's Big Butt BBQ (www.ranuccis.com) providing all the food and it's gonna be good stuff. Ranucci finished 9th this year at the World BBQ championship in Memphis and last weekend took 2nd place in ribs at the Blues, Brews, and BBQ festival in Charlotte. We are so thankful to have him bringing his 'big rig' to our tailgate and supplying the food. Our menu this week will consist of competition quality pulled pork, ribs, and various sides including beans, slaw, rolls, and turds.
1. Who will be there/who can come? Let's start this out by saying that anybody can come and everyone is welcome. It has been this way ever since we started in 2004 and it makes the day interesting to say the least. Just come on down. The first tailgate started with about 8 people and since then thousands of people have tailgated with us, some every week. We were all newcomers at one point or another.
2. Where? The tailgate is in a parking lot across the street (same side) from Picasso's located at 230 S. Church St. It's a big parking lot that borders Church, 3rd, and Poplar downtown. In particular we are in the corner of 3rd and Poplar. There will be loud music and there will be a Carolina Huddle banner up on a tent by the sidewalk. We are right beside the lower entrance to this lot. You'll see a big cooking rig this week and let your nose guide you to our spot.
3. When? We will start tailgating at 7am, going until right before kickoff. No food will be served until around 10:30am and if you get there past 12:30pm or so don't expect any food to be left.
4. What do I bring? We provide just about everything. Food, plates, side items, non alcoholic drinks like waters, a diet soda, and regular soda. We have tents in case it rains and a few chairs if you really need one. If you drink alcohol, you need to bring it because the Huddle does not in any way provide alcohol for tailgates. If you bring your alcohol, bring some way to cool it because iced cooler space is in short supply on hot summer days.
5. How much? We provide everything for you to have a good tailgate and leave full before going into the game. We guarantee the food you eat at this tailgate is way better than the overpriced junk you could buy in the stadium. Take that into account when the donation bucket comes around. Consider you didn't have to bring any grill, cook, or go to the grocery store to tailgate. 100% of all the money donated goes to the end of season Toys for Tots drive at the stadium. Few other charities can claim 100% given goes to the cause. For the opportunity to eat all you can eat of competition quality BBQ, and given that it's better than anything else in the city on gameday, the recommended donation is $10/person. Eat here and you won't pull your wallet out again during the whole game for food.
Parking in the lot we're at costs $25/space. You do not have to park there to tailgate with us, few people do. You can easily find spots a few blocks back for a fraction of the cost (down to $5)of this lot and just walk up. Some people take the light rail in for a few bucks.
Disclaimer: There will probably be loud music. The Huddle does not take responsibility for what is seen and heard at a tailgate so consider this before bringing children. The Huddle does not police adult behavior at tailgates.
Any other questions this is the thread to ask
Edited by mush, 14 September 2010 - 02:21 PM.