Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LifeisaGarden

Don't be an irresponsible pet owner

16 posts in this topic

The jackass across the road is the same way. Dogs kept on chains, then they get loose and get hit. His sorry ass won't even bury them. Chris placed one of the hit dogs on the guys porch, but I think we ended up burying it. It's his cat that keeps getting pregnant and having kittens at our house. My mom ends up feeding the cats, and we end up rescuing kittens.

This is when you take pictures of the dog and find it a new home, even if it's not yours.

1 person likes this

A couple weeks back, my fiance and I watched a dog stroll past the front of our house. Nobody with him, no tags, nothing. So she ran out and grabbed him quick so he wouldn't just be wandering around. We sat out front with him for a half an hour waiting to see if anyone would come around looking for him, then walked him door-to-door down the road to see if it was any neighbors.

Ended up driving to the neighborhood that backs up to ours and lucked out by finding his owner on the second try. Huge fenced in back yard... owners didn't even realize he had been gone. He had crossed a creek and gone through some woods to get to our neighborhood. The owners thanked us and we went on our way. The very next day while we were out running errands, our neighbor texted us and told us the dog was back running around again. Then the following day, I saw him wandering around the neighborhood again.

This dog was DEFINITELY well fed and super friendly... but just had shitty owners. We live right off of Harris Blvd., too, so just a stroll in the wrong direction and this sweet dog's in major traffic almost 24/7. Just sad. We haven't seen him in a while... I hope his owners smartened up, but I doubt it. :(

I'm lucky enough to be the care provider for a boxer. How anyone can just let this loving/special breed run unprotected is unbelievable. I have had Bruce around for three years and it has been a wonderful three years. One doesn't really "own" a boxer. They kinda own you..........and they like it that way

1 person likes this