Photo
- - - - -

Job interview question advice requested

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#46 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:18 AM

I'll be doing Anti-Money Laundering patrol at a big financial corporation down south here. I watch account activity and run what-if scenarios with research to back up any theories I might have on money trafficking.

I'm excited, and the job sounds cool as hell ;)

I really, really hope you get this position LP.. it's been a great week for me, and I want you to have this same feeling :D

#47 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:49 PM

so...LP...anything?

#48 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:22 PM

so...LP...anything?

No...they are interviewing others this week (I think I got first choice of interview times.) Then the director is going on vacation next week. Best I could possibly hope for is that at the end of the week they start calling my references.

Then, this is the state, even thought they got permission to advertise and interview for the position (which is not happening a lot these days), when they select the person they want to hire, Raleigh will then take their time giving them permission to actually do it.

So, have to be patient. Nothing will happen fast. It took nearly 2 months after application date closed for them to interview.

But, thanks for asking. :)

#49 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:49 PM

I interviewed a girl one time who said her weakness was Irritable Bowel Syndrome

#50 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:00 PM

No...they are interviewing others this week (I think I got first choice of interview times.) Then the director is going on vacation next week. Best I could possibly hope for is that at the end of the week they start calling my references.

Then, this is the state, even thought they got permission to advertise and interview for the position (which is not happening a lot these days), when they select the person they want to hire, Raleigh will then take their time giving them permission to actually do it.

So, have to be patient. Nothing will happen fast. It took nearly 2 months after application date closed for them to interview.

But, thanks for asking. :)

City is almost as bad as the state. (At times worse.) I applied and even did a phone interview for the City Manager's position in North Las Vegas. This was back in early 2001-2002. I thought I had a great phone interview with the head of Human Resources. He liked my experience with closing/consolidating warehouses and space management. Also my civilian adviser (military) background. (How many people have their own military helmet? Also understand NBC (Nuclear/Chemical/Biological needs? This was right after 9-11.

Who ended up with the job? The Human Resource Manager! :mad:

I was complaining to one of the Mecklenburg council people one day about it. They said that Cites & States have to have open postings for jobs. But usually when a job becomes available, whoever is doing the hiring, already has in mind who they want to fill that position. But that have to go through the interveiw process so that it appears to be fair.

With that said, I really do hope you get the job!

#51 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:51 PM

waiting is the worst!!!

good luck...hope you get it