#46 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts
  • Location910

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:13 PM

F'in Christ. He's going to mess up Jimmy for life. How could you even think about putting Moore back in.

#47 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,778 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:18 PM

Its consistent with what he has always done. Fox never commits to anything post game. To do so would be Andy Reid like. He will watch film and decide. If you think about it that is the best way to handle it. It takes emotion out of the decision process.

You're usually right, but not in this case. Once he pulled Matt, the decision was made for him. The whole country, especially national media was waiting for Clasuen to become the starter once he fell in our laps... The guy is a hype machine. He was already labeled the QB of the future... Once you made that switch you've got to go 'all in.' You can't second guess it...

As was pointed out earlier by Lightsout, what did Belichick do with Brady when he benched Bledsoe? And Bledsoe was a pretty successful starter for years before that. He put his full support behind Brady. Look at Peyton Manning... Eli Manning... etc... A young guy like that, you can't take back out.

And see SMF's post below yours about Jake. Fox hasn't always played coy about his QB which makes this even more ridiculous.

#48 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,481 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

It is very possible that it is a front. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the locker room telling Clausen he's the starter, but he wants to have the Saints prepare for Moore, too.

#49 ZedLeppelin

ZedLeppelin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:20 PM

Fire him before he can sabotage this team.

I know if I was in Fox' position and my owner wouldn't give me a contract and on top of that he released every single veteran with experience and didn't sign anyone I would be pissed. Fox is coaching for a long term contract with another team and Richardson has given him a team with 4 win talent and basically no veterans outside of Smith, Gross, Wharton, Kasey and Baker. Basically Jerry has sabotaged Fox' chances at a million dollar head coaching deal with another team so it wouldn't surprise me if Fox is going to try to screw up our young QB, screw up our young Lb by moving him out of position and play a 3rd string RB even though hes good just as much as our two first round backs.

#50 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:22 PM

Why would you entrust John Fox with the team if you told him it was OK for him to seek other coaching opportunities this year...

#51 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,351 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:24 PM

Clausen needs to start
When he looked good he was throwing the ball accurately and with zip. Moore is not nearly as talented in any regard

#52 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

If he said this or does anything like this.........he needs to be fired during the bye week. Good bye John Fox...I've had enough.

#53 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

You're usually right, but not in this case. Once he pulled Matt, the decision was made for him. The whole country, especially national media was waiting for Clasuen to become the starter once he fell in our laps... The guy is a hype machine. He was already labeled the QB of the future... Once you made that switch you've got to go 'all in.' You can't second guess it...

As was pointed out earlier by Lightsout, what did Belichick do with Brady when he benched Bledsoe? And Bledsoe was a pretty successful starter for years before that. He put his full support behind Brady. Look at Peyton Manning... Eli Manning... etc... A young guy like that, you can't take back out.

And see SMF's post below yours about Jake. Fox hasn't always played coy about his QB which makes this even more ridiculous.

Great point. I just believe all this is premature. If Fox comes out on Monday and declares Clausen starter or does it in private it really doesn't change much. Delhomme needed the confidence Fox gave him last year from a mental standpoint. That was the anomaly not this.

The other side of the coin is perhaps Fox isn't making these decisions anymore and needs to check with those who are. If the decision to start Clausen came from above Fox I could understand him not wanting to commit.

#54 mjligon

mjligon

REAL TALK ----->

• HUDDLER
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:30 PM

Man, the day just gets worse and worse.

#55 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

This was part of John Fox's conspiracy theory.
Everyone knows how overly loyal he is to his veterans, but the heat on Matt was big.
And, according to Fox Theory, all rookies are terrible players-so he figured he'd just stick Jimmy out there, Jimmy would play terribly, and he could play Moore the rest of the season-no questions asked.
There was only one, big, gigantic hole in his theory...

Jimmy looked good.

Just stop.

#56 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,297 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:42 PM

I am really concerned with our coaching staff and how they will impact Clausen..

you have a rookie QB and the playcalling is just horrible.. they aren't exactly putting him in a position to succeed by all the 3rd and longs because they run it the 1st 2 times..

granted there was a lack of execution that halted drives immediately, but there is nothing I see in the playcalling that helps me believe they have a clue as to how to handle this situation...

as bad of an idea as it is to usually put the ball in a rookies hands.. you have to find a way to build his confidence and build some momentum.. let the kid sling the ball down around and spread the receivers out to open the field...

use this season to give him real experience and not just starts.. only way to learn is to fug up... what are we worried about? losing? lol

#57 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:43 PM

Just stop.

Still grasping for straws , I see!!
Give it up dude.

:rofl:

#58 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:45 PM

Still grasping for straws , I see!!
Give it up dude.

:rofl:

yes you are. At least other Jimmy Clausen fans are willing to start noticing reality. You still seem very comfortable in the "i see nothing wrong with Jimmy and this team still has a chance to win the Superbowl this year" camp....soon to be by yourself.

#59 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:47 PM

I am really concerned with our coaching staff and how they will impact Clausen..

you have to find a way to build his confidence and build some momentum.. let the kid sling the ball down around and spread the receivers out to open the field...

use this season to give him real experience and not just starts.. only way to learn is to f**k up... what are we worried about? losing? lol

So throwing the ball more than running it is the best way to go? You also open him up to take big hits. How does that help?

We need to run the ball primarily and take a few unexpected shots. Play calling wasn't the problem....execution was.

#60 Shermdog

Shermdog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:53 PM

at this point clausen should be playing every game until the end of the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.