Photo
- - - - -

Top 3 picks in next year NFL Draft is going to be big!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:42 AM

As of right now it looks like panthers are not going to do much in the way of wins this year unless all of sudden players get a chip on their shoulder and start winning. But other then that we are looking at maybe going 2-14 1-15 or possible 0-16 ala lions. If that happens the panthers will have 1 of the top 3 high draft picks in the first round next year.

If this CBA gets signed between the owners and NFLPA before next year and avoid a lockout. This will mean Rookie Salary will go way down and that would mean something big for the 3 teams that hold the top 3 picks in the first round. Because in the past few years 1 round picks didn't get trade much because other teams was not willing to take risk on trade for the number 1 and then having to pay a unproven rookie millions. But since we know the rookie salary cap is coming when the CBA is signed. Those 3 top picks next year become a lot more valuable then in the past few years because now teams knows they don't have to pay rookies so much money because they are not proven.

If the panthers are lucky to get in the top 3 picks in the first round. Be sure that alot of teams will be calling them on draft day and doing a lot bargining to to move up. I sure who ever is the new HC/GM will be looking at this very careful come draft day. This could mean something big for the panthers on draft day. Maybe trading one of the top 3 picks for a few number ones and 2nd rounder maybe. Who knows right now what will happen. But if things keep going the way it is. The panthers will be one of the top 3 teams in next year draft and that could help us out big depending how deep the draft will be next year.

Edited by Squirrel, 28 September 2010 - 01:34 AM.
I feel like a school teacher. Didnt change anything just made some paragraphs. You get a A for opinion but a F for writing

#2 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:09 AM

I think if they have a top 3 pick, they may try to trade down into the 10-15 area to get back their 2nd round pick and still pick up one of those stud WRs....or maybe an O-lineman or CB

#3 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:23 AM

wow

#4 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:35 AM

Good points but we wont have a top 3 pick. If we did I would be happy to trade them for a mid 1st and 2nd.

#5 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:44 AM

i would love to have a top 3 pick, but i dont want to go through the pain of earning a top 3 pick... we are bad, but it will get turned around before it is too late. i think we will finish about 6 -10 or 7-9. probably pick about 8th or 10th at the earliest.

if someone is willing to give us their 1st and 2nd rounder for that pick, then i am all for it, but that is doubtfull. besides, someone we really want may be sitting there, waiting for us.

#6 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:57 AM

I don't trust draft pics,they could easily turn into busts!

#7 Carolinator

Carolinator

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:36 AM

As of right now it looks like panthers are not going to do much in the way of wins this year unless all of sudden players get a chip on their shoulder and start winning. But other then that we are looking at maybe going 2-14 1-15 or possible 0-16 ala lions. If that happens the panthers will have 1 of the top 3 high draft picks in the first round next year.

If this CBA gets signed between the owners and NFLPA before next year and avoid a lockout. This will mean Rookie Salary will go way down and that would mean something big for the 3 teams that hold the top 3 picks in the first round. Because in the past few years 1 round picks didn't get trade much because other teams was not willing to take risk on trade for the number 1 and then having to pay a unproven rookie millions. But since we know the rookie salary cap is coming when the CBA is signed. Those 3 top picks next year become a lot more valuable then in the past few years because now teams knows they don't have to pay rookies so much money because they are not proven.

If the panthers are lucky to get in the top 3 picks in the first round. Be sure that alot of teams will be calling them on draft day and doing a lot bargining to to move up. I sure who ever is the new HC/GM will be looking at this very careful come draft day. This could mean something big for the panthers on draft day. Maybe trading one of the top 3 picks for a few number ones and 2nd rounder maybe. Who knows right now what will happen. But if things keep going the way it is. The panthers will be one of the top 3 teams in next year draft and that could help us out big depending how deep the draft will be next year.

So being bad is called being lucky now?

#8 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:37 AM

With the Number 2 pick in the NFL draft.. the Carolina Panthers pick.. a USC receiver.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

#9 replive

replive

It's a process

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:47 AM

With the Number 2 pick in the NFL draft.. the Carolina Panthers pick.. a USC receiver.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

you cursed us. sometimes when you have a bad thought you should keep it in your head cuz now we're screwed i mean no point even bothering with this or next season ahhhhh

#10 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,057 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:26 AM

This is NOT the damn draft forum!

#11 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:54 AM

Its already the Offseaon!! Have you not seen the first three games?

#12 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:13 AM

We are going to have a top 5 pick unless Fox starts using Williams the way he needs to. Our defense is good enough to help us to 6 wins but that is about it IMO unless the offense can find some consistency.

#13 PanthersPhan18

PanthersPhan18

(0Y0)

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:01 AM

Relax.

#14 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,057 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:01 AM

Relax.

Hell no, people need to use some common fuging sense.

#15 Flying Lion

Flying Lion

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:31 PM

Its already the Offseaon!! Have you not seen the first three games?

Hell0-16 Kitties:party:

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com