Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Montsta

Seriously Steve Young?

46 posts in this topic

we only chucked it 20 times, we rushed 37 because, well, it was working. Hey, look at the top teams in the NFL, they can all run the ball. The Saints can pass but that's it. They can't run the ball for sh1t, and they're middle of the pack.

i didn't see it as hate. i saw it as true constructive criticism for some things that we need to improve on. i saw him as someone who respected what we did tonight and said somethings that if we do manage to put into practice, things that will honestly make us better, then we will go all the way.

he was giving us the recipe for further success.

My sister called me from Boston (Panthers fan) just to tell me about his comments...seriously....how many concusions has he had!?!?!

He just said Peppers could play quarterback if he wanted, he's that much of an athlete :eek:

Steve Young did just say..."that was the most dominating drive, 3 plays 90 yards, I've ever seen in the pros."

But saying, "I don't like all the pumpfakes, that won't be a completion in January." talking about the TD to Smitty...THAT PLAY WAS SICK! IDK What the hell he's talking about..."Running in quick sand"?

Oh...those GMEN were really "clicking" on all cylinders Sunday...whatever...let him talk...but he did say if we bring it ALL together we will make a Super Bowl run.

...and they're giving us some "Smash and Dash" credit ;-)

Man, I love watching Sportscenter when they ACTUALLY talk about the Panthers (let along revolve the show around us)...this is great!

Why was he hating on us so much after the game? Talking about how we think we are a good team but they need more passing? Is that just the inherit QBness talking? If you run at will for 7+ YPC and for 300 yards, why on Earth would you throw the ball? Ask Peyton Manning if he would like to have a 300 yard running back tandem. Or Tom brady or anyone else. As a lifetime SF Bay Area resident, I've always had respect for Steve Young, but I wanted to bitch smack him after tonight. Anyone else get irked by this?

yea well emmitt smith was all about it...go figure haha

Well someone else didn't like it either they threw a beer cup at him!

steveyoungcup.gif

At first I thought he was hating. Then, I realized that he was just frustrated because he thinks Smith would be even better if Jake could hit him in stride more often, instead of forcing him to always slow down or adjust to the ball.

Well someone else didn't like it either they threw a beer cup at him!

steveyoungcup.gif

I don't care what he said, that's just classless. Only a cowardly little bitch would throw poo from a crowd.

he should have juked a little earlier

nice throw though, gotta admit.

i understand his concern for the "middle of the field" theory, I feel him there...

...damn...he LOVES him some SMITTY though :-)

Young was a douche, but he had a point, the second pick was a terrible throw, the first was a brilliant play by Ronde.