Photo
- - - - -

Seriously Steve Young?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#16 SCpanther

SCpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:54 AM

At first I thought he was hating. Then, I realized that he was just frustrated because he thinks Smith would be even better if Jake could hit him in stride more often, instead of forcing him to always slow down or adjust to the ball.

#17 SCpanther

SCpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:54 AM

Well someone else didn't like it either they threw a beer cup at him!
Posted Image

I don't care what he said, that's just classless. Only a cowardly little bitch would throw poo from a crowd.

#18 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:08 AM

he should have juked a little earlier

#19 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:10 AM

nice throw though, gotta admit.

i understand his concern for the "middle of the field" theory, I feel him there...

...damn...he LOVES him some SMITTY though :-)

#20 BlindSite

BlindSite

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:14 AM

Young was a douche, but he had a point, the second pick was a terrible throw, the first was a brilliant play by Ronde.

#21 CWalker4205

CWalker4205

Voltron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:32 AM

I don't care what he said, that's just classless. Only a cowardly little bitch would throw sh*t from a crowd.

I laughed my ass off when it happened because it was the instant that he was starting the whole Panthers won because the Bucs played bad poo that we always get, but then I realized that the crowd couldn't hear him anyway and that it made Charlotte look bad. I'll blame it on a Bucs fan.

#22 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:46 AM

That is the point I was trying to make Monstercat. You hit the nail on the head. I know Jake can be inconsistent at times, but give me a break. Pundits crack me up. Two 400 yardgames and they are talking trade Brady and keep Cassell, and look at him now. Don't jump on anyone too quickly Steve, Jake orchestrates the game pretty well, and plays better in the clutch than most I think.

Case in point, on the Smitty TD throw, I was shouting at the screen that the RB was WIDE open for a moderate gain on the screen, and he had vision enough to go deep to Smitty. Anyone see that?

I agree with Jake in the Clutch and being down by less than a touchdown in the 4th quarter I cannot think of any active QB I would rather have than Jake.

I was watching the highlights on NFL.com and the announcers said the same thing that he had stewart wide open in the flat but a nicely thrown ball to Smitty.

Steve Young was pissing me off more about getting Smitty the ball in space. Of course we would have loved to get him the ball that way but the Bucs weren't giving that space. So as Smitty says you take what they give you and keep pound with Stewart and DeWill. I also liked his comment that the WRs were all trying to get the one block that would free up Smash and Dash.

That is what seperates Smitty from Owens and Moss. He does the most with the opportunities he is given and says nothing about getting the ball more. He will be our first HOFer.

Go Panthers

#23 SCpanther

SCpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:49 AM

Case in point, on the Smitty TD throw, I was shouting at the screen that the RB was WIDE open for a moderate gain on the screen, and he had vision enough to go deep to Smitty. Anyone see that?

lol, I was doing the same thing but Jake put me in my place with the TD pass.

#24 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:52 AM

Jake had a 70% ****** completion percentage and a TD last nigh, what the he'll more can you ask of him against an extremely good defense?

#25 Jangler

Jangler

event horizon of chaos

• HUDDLER
  • 48,029 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:16 AM

I don't care what he said, that's just classless. Only a cowardly little bitch would throw sh*t from a crowd.

he's just lucky I drank all the beer. :D

But he was right about our passing. He also said if you can run like we ran last night you will never lose, EVER!

#26 The Answer

The Answer

Don't panic, it's organic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:44 AM

God, I can't stop laughing at that .gif, it bad but funny.

Also, I agree with him about the whole thing with getting Smitty into the open field more, Davidson hasn't really done that much since he has been here. If there was one thing Henning did, it was get 89 the ball in the open to let him make plays.

#27 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:49 AM

Throwing that cup is what they do in other cities. That person was an embarrassment to Charlotte.

#28 The Answer

The Answer

Don't panic, it's organic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:52 AM

We need more unruley fans, they're a neccessary evil.

#29 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:56 AM

I don't know what all the fuss is about... Young had great points. If we run 300 yards in every game, we have nothing to worry about. However, there is a reason we broke a record on Monday Night (a few actually). Granted we broke that record 2 times in 1 month.

However, if we are behind and need Jake, hopefully he'll start showing us his clutch playoff talent rather than the garbage these past few weeks.. And if its the latter, that was the point Young was making.

He has a valid point and a reason for bringing it up.

Edit: And the fan who threw the beer, that was a classless move.

#30 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,494 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:05 AM

The basic problem with what Young said was this. We had 14 completions in 20 passes. With the way we were running the ball, thats what we should have had. He said we should have been throwing the ball to Smith more, and in the middle of the field. But 9 of our 14 completions went to Smith. As far as the middle of the field, well we moved him around and used him well imo. Young was a great QB, but in this case, he was wrong. Our main problem is not how we use Smith, its that we don't use the others enough. But given our running success, thats understandable.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com