Photo
- - - - -

Terrible clock management by Fox shines again...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,297 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:28 PM

His complete ineptitude of managing the clock astouds me. Burning 2 timeouts on the first drive of the game and then giving the Saints a chance to score before halftime instead of running to burn their timeouts. It's amazing to me how an NFL coach can be this stupid.

#2 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:31 PM

His complete ineptitude of managing the clock astouds me. Burning 2 timeouts on the first drive of the game and then giving the Saints a chance to score before halftime instead of running to burn their timeouts. It's amazing to me how an NFL coach can be this stupid.

Fox didn't burn the timeouts.......personally I don't believe Davidson was getting the plays in fast enough.......thus putting JC in a hole.

#3 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,188 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:33 PM

That one we had left over was needed...

#4 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:49 PM

Clausen called the 1st time out because the call wasn't coming in over his helmet speaker. They later fixed the audio.

Smitty called the 2nd because the play clock was running out.

This was all talked about by the announcers. Are any of you paying attention to the game???

IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COACHES.

#5 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,278 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

Agree with GRWatcher. Seriously fellas. Turn on the CC or something.

#6 Sandy Claws

Sandy Claws

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

While we're at it, we may as well blame Fox for global warming too,

#7 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,392 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

The last two minutes is the explanation of our season up to this point.

#8 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,297 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:14 PM

Every call goes through Fox and its his responsibility to get the call out with plenty of time left.

And once again at the end of the game, poor calling with little time on the clock. Why call a cutback with Williams with the game on the line and no timeouts? We only needed 2 yards to get into field goal range. Why not just call run plays up the middle instead of taking forever to get a pass call out and then wasting more time when the QB has to point out the defensive blitzers?

#9 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:15 PM

Wasting that challenge was inexcusable though, that I will not overlook.

The playcalling in the last drive of the game was fuging atrocious, and whoever was the one calling the plays should be shot.

#10 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

Every call goes through Fox and its his responsibility to get the call out with plenty of time left.

And once again at the end of the game, poor calling with little time on the clock. Why call a cutback with Williams with the game on the line and no timeouts? We only needed 2 yards to get into field goal range. Why not just call run plays up the middle instead of taking forever to get a pass call out and then wasting more time when the QB has to point out the defensive blitzers?

Im not positive, but I believe the cutback was Williams's call.

#11 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:34 PM

Wasting that challenge was inexcusable though, that I will not overlook.

The playcalling in the last drive of the game was f**king atrocious, and whoever was the one calling the plays should be shot.

The challenge was close and it was a big part in the game. I can't see why it would be inexcusable.

#12 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

The challenge was close and it was a big part in the game. I can't see why it would be inexcusable.

It also gave the defense more time to get their breath because they'd be right back on the field.

Where the hell do you get your information from??? This is so unbelievably wrong, I'm at a loss for words. :smash:

#13 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,297 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:46 PM

It also gave the defense more time to get their breath because they'd be right back on the field.

Where the hell do you get your information from??? This is so unbelievably wrong, I'm at a loss for words. :smash:

what team have you been following the past 8 years?

#14 spcedpanther

spcedpanther

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:59 PM

I'm a long time panther fan, but never post on here. Joined back in the winter but have stayed silent. I know that D'Wills run put us out of "range" for the feild goal, but why not go ahead and try than put the game on the line with a rookie qb and an unintelligent WR known as Dwayne Jarrett?

#15 Catdaddy

Catdaddy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:53 PM

The bad clock management was mainly on the offense, but what do you expect with a rookie QB?

Edited by Catdaddy, 03 October 2010 - 05:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com