Photo
- - - - -

John Fox Last Weekend as Coach

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#61 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

Moderators

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

I dont think Hurneys job is any jeopardy

Because he has wasted so many draft picks on WR busts?

#62 Paintballr

Paintballr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

So with every interview of Hurney saying "its my fault"...when does it stop? What job does anyone have when you can underperform for 5 weeks in a row (not including last year) and not hit the fan?

#63 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:51 PM

Not really he will be the head coach of another team who owner is not putting the league over his team and fans.

#64 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

HUDDLER

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:54 PM

[IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:PcLvD-HcPHUOZM:http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/2849/grimaandthc3a9odenvj6.jpg&t=1[/IMG]

#65 scpanther22

scpanther22

HUDDLER

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:54 PM

what GM could win this year with JR cutting cost??

I would like him gone or at least look at some other guys but I think he will stay.:(

#66 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:57 PM

I doubt any serious nfl analyst would count any of this year's picks as wasted. To early to tell yet. And fwiw, 5th round or later is a gamble, so I don't complain to much if they bust. The only two WR picks that were busts were Jarrett and Colbert. He is not going to get fired for that.

IMO, the main criticism of Hurney (and Fox for that matter) is that we never were able to groom a successful replacement for Delhomme, Moose, (or Steve Smith for that matter).

#67 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

Moderators

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

what GM could win this year with JR cutting cost??

I would like him gone or at least look at some other guys but I think he will stay.:(

I doubt any serious nfl analyst would count any of this year's picks as wasted. To early to tell yet. And fwiw, 5th round or later is a gamble, so I don't complain to much if they bust. The only two WR picks that were busts were Jarrett and Colbert. He is not going to get fired for that.

IMO, the main criticism of Hurney (and Fox for that matter) is that we never were able to groom a successful replacement for Delhomme, Moose, (or Steve Smith for that matter).

I'm talking about ALL the WRs he has drafted since he's been the GM. Except for the ones he picked this year, are any of them starting in the NFL, much less, even still in the league?

#68 Paintballr

Paintballr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:04 PM

You mean groom a replacement for a player/players that were drafted or picked up in FA before fox got here/during?

#69 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

The Panthers have been all over the place in the draft. They have home runs, singles, and plenty of strikeouts. So it's hard to say they're any different than most other teams.

You can't complain about the WR position without saying great job with the RB position. The Panthers are the envy of the League in RBs. Hell, Goodson is probably coveted by more than half the teams in the League.

The QB thing is all I can blame on the coaches, but that comes from a perpetual "we're one or two players away" feeling that has prevailed in that building since 2003. A first or second round pick on a QB usually requires them holding a clipboard for at least one year.

#70 Davis83

Davis83

Rebelling since 1753

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:23 PM

This issue will be resolved one way or the other by Tuesday. If he's fired it will happen quickly - if he's not fired by Tuesday, then he will be here remainder of year.