Photo
- - - - -

With a lockout looming and an 0-5 record, it is time to truly start rebuilding...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#31 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

Let's be real here, folks.

When one of us looks at Smith, we see Smitty, a superman among mortals and arguably the best player to ever put on a Panther uniform.

When an opposing GM looks at him, he sees a past-30 player who's had three major injuries in the past year (two in the last six months) who carries with him a upsized salary, a chip on his shoulder and a couple of "bad boy" marks on his permenent record.

There is pretty much zero chance you'd get more for Smith than the Pats got for a younger, healthier Randy Moss.

As big a fan of Steve as the next Panther fan, but let's try to be objective here.

#32 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:34 PM

We are going to need a coach who can get the most out of players. I agree with trading Smith & getting the best we can get for him, but no matter what I cannot agree with the DeWill trade idea. Who wants to count on J. Stewart as the only RB?! He has been hurt more than healthy & still does not have a clean bill of health. If you were to suggest strating Sutton of Goodson, I could at least understand that as realistic, but Stewart has been chronically injured (small injuries, but still affecting performance). I don't think he is a good option for 'main guy'.

#33 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:51 PM

Let's be real here, folks.

When one of us looks at Smith, we see Smitty, a superman among mortals and arguably the best player to ever put on a Panther uniform.

When an opposing GM looks at him, he sees a past-30 player who's had three major injuries in the past year (two in the last six months) who carries with him a upsized salary, a chip on his shoulder and a couple of "bad boy" marks on his permenent record.

There is pretty much zero chance you'd get more for Smith than the Pats got for a younger, healthier Randy Moss.

As big a fan of Steve as the next Panther fan, but let's try to be objective here.

Agreed. We all love Smitty and he is more valuable to us than other teams. We couldn't get what we think is equal value.

Now D-will on the other hand. :ihih:

#34 kdrh5

kdrh5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:02 PM

Moss is 33, Smith is 31. Still, a third rounder is about what you could expect for Smith in a trade.