• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:38 PM

Dook starts off every year well. Let's evaluate when Tournament seeding begins...For that matter, let's evaluate everyone at that point.

#17 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:14 PM

I'm hoping that Duke and Wake can both keep winning to set up a 1-2 game.

#18 ProfessorPeppers

ProfessorPeppers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:10 PM

who have you played in that wonderful 4-0 start in the acc.... you beat virginia tech, georgia tech, florida state, and nc state... congratulations you beat 4 not very good teams. Not to mention that you struggled in most of those scoring 19 in the first half one time and like 22 or 24 or something like that last night as well. I am telling you that Duke is NOT that good. they will drop like 4 or 5 in acc play before it's all said and done. They are not good enough to be number 2 in the nation. If you beat wake forest in winston I will eat crow. But until then, you get no love from me.

Kyle Singler is good but he is not the best player in the acc. Mr. Tyler is the best player in the acc. I do agree however that Gerald Henderson is a freak when it comes to athleticism. However, you have some serious weaknesses on your team as well. Zoubek is one of the worst players I have ever seen play at Duke. That makes you very vulnerable when you play a team with a good big man. If anyone can shut down Henderson, Duke will lose. And them boys at wake will be just fine at stopping henderson.

And you have a dirty foot as a logo. Congratulations.

On the topic of the thread, Wake is absolutely deserving of the #1 ranking. They are the best team in the country hands down and I'm looking forward to a possible 1 - 2 showdown in W.S. Wake is playing the best ball in the country right now, and I can't wait to see if we can top them. Either way it should be one hell of a game and I don't see EITHER team winning by double digits.

We will drop 4 or 5 in the ACC? What are you smoking and can I have some? I see us losing a couple, but certainly not 4 or 5. As far as Tyler being the best player in the ACC..spare me. It isn't hard to put up numbers when you never get called for a travel, and everyone who breathes on you gets called for the foul.

I do agree with you about Zoubek, that guy is horrible and we'd be better served placing a statue on the court.

Point is, Carolina isn't as great as all you Carolina fans seem to think they are. You got problems on the defensive side and that was pointed out against Wake and BC, yet you guys still think your $hit doesnt stink.

I don't care what you say about how we win games, the bottom line is we win games which is what a GOOD team does. Yeah, State played us tough last night, but when it mattered we sank our shots and ran them out of Cameron. Beating us isnt as easy as shutting down Handerson. Shut him down, you still have Singler, Sheyer, Smith and Paulus to keep an eye on. Not to mention McClure is really starting to come into his own defensvely.

I'll admit that UNC has one of the, if not the best programs in college ball, I'll admit that you have accomplished more in the sport than Duke....except of course for the fact that the Heels have been great since the 60's and we didn't start doing anything until the 80's, yet we've still accomplished just about as much as you guys have, save a national title and a few ACC titles.

I'm sick of 90% of Carolina fans thinking they are Gods gift to basketball, more so than that, I'm sick of Carolina fans failure to even recognize when we are playing good ball. I'll be the first one to give the Heels props, but its getting harder and harder to so every year with all the homer fans that would slob on Tylers/Roys knobs given the chance.

#19 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,608 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

Its certainly possible, maybe even probable. Wake has Virginia Tech tonight, a game they should win at home, while Duke has a slightly tougher Maryland team, also at home.

As far as Duke's chances against Wake, I do think that Duke will need to control the game. Duke can't afford to get into a track meet with Wake, just as Wake can't afford to get into a three point shooting contest with Duke. The team that is able to impose its style of play will win.

#20 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:31 PM

And you have a dirty foot as a logo. Congratulations.

On the topic of the thread, Wake is absolutely deserving of the #1 ranking. They are the best team in the country hands down and I'm looking forward to a possible 1 - 2 showdown in W.S. Wake is playing the best ball in the country right now, and I can't wait to see if we can top them. Either way it should be one hell of a game and I don't see EITHER team winning by double digits.

We will drop 4 or 5 in the ACC? What are you smoking and can I have some? I see us losing a couple, but certainly not 4 or 5. As far as Tyler being the best player in the ACC..spare me. It isn't hard to put up numbers when you never get called for a travel, and everyone who breathes on you gets called for the foul.

I do agree with you about Zoubek, that guy is horrible and we'd be better served placing a statue on the court.

Point is, Carolina isn't as great as all you Carolina fans seem to think they are. You got problems on the defensive side and that was pointed out against Wake and BC, yet you guys still think your $hit doesnt stink.

I don't care what you say about how we win games, the bottom line is we win games which is what a GOOD team does. Yeah, State played us tough last night, but when it mattered we sank our shots and ran them out of Cameron. Beating us isnt as easy as shutting down Handerson. Shut him down, you still have Singler, Sheyer, Smith and Paulus to keep an eye on. Not to mention McClure is really starting to come into his own defensvely.

I'll admit that UNC has one of the, if not the best programs in college ball, I'll admit that you have accomplished more in the sport than Duke....except of course for the fact that the Heels have been great since the 60's and we didn't start doing anything until the 80's, yet we've still accomplished just about as much as you guys have, save a national title and a few ACC titles.

I'm sick of 90% of Carolina fans thinking they are Gods gift to basketball, more so than that, I'm sick of Carolina fans failure to even recognize when we are playing good ball. I'll be the first one to give the Heels props, but its getting harder and harder to so every year with all the homer fans that would slob on Tylers/Roys knobs given the chance.

for that part I bolded, you can kiss my @$$... For your parts about us carolina cans thinking our stuff doesn't stink, please get back to the argument at hand. If you read any of the posts that I have made in here not a single ONE of them had anything to do with the tar heels at all. Why is it that there can't be a debate without taking it there? Duke has one hell of a defense and I will say that forever. The one thing that stays consistent with duke that I am a little jealous of is that coach K always has his boys ready to come out and play hard even when he doesn't have very much talent. They have always played hard on the defensive end where as the heels know they are good and have tons of talent so they play way too nonchalant.

For the bolded part about tyler, if we're going to make excuses then why are we even debating? We have the same officials you guys have when you flop every play and get b/s charge calls. I say it's irrelevant but if you want to make up excuses I will make up some with you.

For the part about you dropping 4 or 5, yes I really think you will. I'll even point out to you the games I think you are going to lose.
1-28 at Winston
2-04 at Clemson
2-11 to the heels
2-22 Wake Forest
3-08 at north carolina on Tyler's senior night
However, you may beat clemson, and the game against wake at your place will be a good game, but I'm sure there will be a loss that I didn't name here where you will lose to a team that you should beat like we did to boston college.

Yes, beating you guys is just as easy as shutting down henderson. When you guys are cold, his athleticism is what gets you back in the game and teams have to start focusing on him and that frees up your other players which is what happened last night. Had state shut down henderson, they would have been right there at the end of the game.

For your whole 90% thinking we are Gods gift to basketball pissing you off, well even when duke sucks (not talking about this year) but even when you guys are not good at all, you still think you are the best team in the world and still talk trash. Like saying that Tyler sucks, that is just pure ignorance when you say it. The bottom line is, if you could have tyler on your team you would take him. There is not one coach in the country that would not jump at the opportunity to have him on their roster so you can shut up about tyler being overrated and everything else you have to say about him.

Back on topic as I stated before, yes I think wake wins by double digits. Your full court pressure will not phase their guards and they will handle their business. In cameron you have a shot but not in winston.

#21 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

SHOCKER!!!! Another college basketball thread gets hijacked by a delusional Carolina fan. It is really a simple argument. Duke, Carolina and Wake Forest are the best teams in the ACC, with Clemson being a close fourth, but I still think they are too undisciplined to win the conference. Duke, Carolina and Wake can and probably will beat each other in some sort of fashion this year. To sit there and think that Duke will loose each time they play one of those teams is stupid. Sorry there isnt another word for it.

#22 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,608 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:18 PM

Looks like it will be number versus whatever Wake is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com