Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Potential Head Coaches

1,228 posts in this topic

Harbaugh has pulled Stanford out of the dumpster in 4 years and has brought them to elite status.

I simply can't see Jerry Richardson pulling the trigger on this kind of hire however.

This is Al Davis Jon Gruden/Lane Kiffin type material here.

Although Gruden had so much more Pro coaching experience. Harbaugh is virtuall bare in this category.

Mark me down for Brian Schottenheimer or Jim Harbaugh

Although the knock to his success is that he is a college coach his pedigree and his brother's pro success I think make him a very interesting candidate. I could go for this one. The Panther connection is fun.

True his brother has been extremely successful. However John spent 10 years coaching for the Philadelphia Eagles before getting the HC job in Baltimore.

True his brother has been extremely successful. However John spent 10 years coaching for the Philadelphia Eagles before getting the HC job in Baltimore.

Jim has had other valuable experience....an NFL QB, an NFL coach, successful HC at 2 programs. I think he is our guy.

Stanford had only one way to go and that was up. Sound familiar? Like when we signed John Fox and he was the next best think since 3 piece bikinis

Underrated right now...

Mike-Zimmer-Wife-Dead.jpeg

Zimmer

81966163.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548233567AF874A6D3192D45502BAECEA1964B7102FDE161ADAE30A760B0D811297

Shelmon

Zimmer's my next profile (ironically enough, I think that's the pic I have for him too).

Everything I've read about Harbaugh's personality - sideline antics, confrontations, etc - makes me think he'd be a lot more fun for the beat writers to cover than Fox has been.

(whether or not that's a good thing is a matter of perspective, I suppose)

Harbaugh has pulled Stanford out of the dumpster in 4 years and has brought them to elite status.

I simply can't see Jerry Richardson pulling the trigger on this kind of hire however.

This is Al Davis Jon Gruden/Lane Kiffin type material here.

Although Gruden had so much more Pro coaching experience. Harbaugh is virtuall bare in this category.

His best record was 8-5 last season, you call that elite? The Pac 10 was as weak as it ever has been last season. Stanford was rock bottom when he got there and could only improve. If you going by that we need to hire Tyrone Willingham, he had many better seasons at Stanford than Harbaugh did last season

Everything I've read about Harbaugh's personality 9sideline antics, confrontations, etc) makes me think he'd be a lot more fun for the beat writers to cover than Fox has been.

(whether or not that's a good thing is a matter of perspective, I suppose)

As the ancient Chinese curse goes: May you live in interesting times...