• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#16 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:21 AM

Moore may have never been yanked at all had everything not gone wrong here. The O-Line takes so much of the blame, as does Double Trouble's traditional slow start. That, countered with Davdison's lack of a sack doomed this team from the get go and it has dug us to a point of no return. I feel bad for our QBs. Neither of them are THIS bad, but they have what they have and it's up to them to work with it. I still say it'll take 3-5 more games before guys like Gettis and LaFell are comfortable out there. Thankfully they signed Clowney and Thomas. Though that only helps a tad.

#17 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,413 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:21 AM

well, we have incompetent people leading the way.....doing more probably doesn't help when you are doing the wrong things.

We basically went to Clev to get our offense. OC and QB coach.....no wonder we suck on offense.

where did we find out WR coach? not much better there.

#18 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:28 AM

Tyke Tolbert came from Buffalo...

We are picking coaching talent from Cleveland and Buffalo... And now we have joined them at the bottom of the league

#19 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Dan Arkush and the PFW staff are based out of Chicago, so it'd be no surprise if his "talent evaluator" was someone on the Bears staff (maybe even Jerry Angelo). That said, they've most certainly got contacts all over, so who knows?

As far as the article, I think it's probably (sadly) accurate. I don't buy for a moment that jerry Richardson planned to tank this season. Nor do I believe Marty Hurney expected things to go this bad.

Fox though? Given the circumstances, it's possible he's taken a "screw it, I'm outta here" approach.

#20 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Sigh...

#21 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

From the Bills...:(

Man, this article is painfully true. JR will have ALOT of explaining to do in the upcoming year

#22 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,392 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

Tyke Tolbert came from Buffalo...

We are picking coaching talent from Cleveland and Buffalo... And now we have joined them at the bottom of the league

so to sum it up, we went to Clev and Buffalo to get the offensive help.

went to Indy for the defensive help.

that makes sense I guess.....

I agree with others, the spin that Fox will find a job right away is nonsense. Organizations are able to see the same nonsense we are as fans.

#23 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,285 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

I think a lot of John Fox. I don't get it — maybe they have just had too much change on that coaching staff. I don't get it. I have seen high school teams that are coached much better."

Davidson, in particular, is receiving his share of flak.
"They are getting the quarterback killed," the executive said. "Jeff Davidson does not get it — look at his track record and how he has fared as a coordinator. Some of those coaches that could not get it done in Cleveland are now coaching for Carolina, and it's the same story. Forget taking advantage of matchups — they have a hard time just getting the right personnel on the field. They leave a lot of points on the board.
"They are on the one-yard line and they are going to run a toss into the boundary — come on! If you are going to keep running the stretch all day, you better have some plays to change it up. They don't; that's why the ends keep crashing hard and DeAngelo (Williams) is getting tackled behind the line.
"There is not an easier team in the league to defend against."

Sounds pretty hopeless. Makes me wish JR had thrown them all out during the bye week and got some guys who wanted to prove they were good coaches.

And yea, all this is stuff we have been saying here.

#24 err456

err456

err456

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:45 AM

It appears Fox and his lackluster bunch of misfit coaches are giving JR the shaft maybe like they feel he has give them. At least he is paying them good. Terrible situation!

#25 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:46 AM

I posted this in the other thread, but I meant it for this one.

We are the Cleveland Browns under Romeo Crennel. 2006-2007

Lame Duck coach

Jeff Davidson Offensive Coordinator for both teams.

Rip Scherer QB coach for both teams.

Anderson (Oregon State-6th round)/Quinn(ND)= Moore(Oregon State-UD)/Clausen(ND)

::chills::

There are minor discrepancies, however...

Hurney and co. are pretty good at drafting, but coaching hires....

What the f**k?

Why am I surprised by our retardation?

#26 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:53 AM

To be fair, it's a fallacy to think you can't get good assistants from bad teams.

Not defending the guys we've picked, mind you. Just pointing out that not every coach on a bad team is necessarily a bad coach.

#27 capfolly

capfolly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:54 AM

Is anyone worried that after fox and most of this staff are let go, we continue to bring in below average coaches?

#28 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:56 AM

To be fair, it's a fallacy to think you can't get good assistants from bad teams.

Not defending the guys we've picked, mind you. Just pointing out that not every coach on a bad team is necessarily a bad coach.

True. And when we hired Davidson, he got a lot of good press for being the offensive line coach for New England moreso than his coordinating experience with the Browns.

#29 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:56 AM

I am not saying you CAN'T find good coachs on bad teams, but dont get all of your coaches from bad teams/units.

I dont think Google or Facebook goes to godaddy.com for talent. Unless they want Danica to look at.

#30 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,413 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:59 AM

when your hiring pool is limited to bad teams it can have an impact.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com