Photo
- - - - -

Moore to start

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
227 replies to this topic

#217 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

Blazing Trails Thru the NFC South

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:50 PM

I doubt Fox cares about evaluating future QB talent. Just thinks he has a better chance for a W with Moore most likely. Or the coin flip thing.

#218 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:40 PM

I wonder how many loads panthers55 has splattered on his Matt Moore poster today.

#219 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:47 PM

On the bright side, Moore will probably set the record for most interceptions in a single game for two QBs by himself.

Also, how's he going to force it to Smitty if he's not playing? What a conundrum!

#220 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:51 PM

I wonder how many loads panthers55 has splattered on his Matt Moore poster today.

Don't know why I would do that. I told you 3 weeks ago that Clausen would play up to the bye and whoever Fox thought could win would get the nod after that. I also said that we would have a losing record at the bye no matter who the quarterback is.
Now here is the next piece of advice. Don't be so happy or pissed that Moore is starting, this is not an endorsement of Moore so much as a break for Clausen to learn and watch. The first time Moore came in to start in 2007 was about keeping the home fans from booing Carr unmercifully and this time it is to keep the home fans from booing Clausen the same way. Fans were getting on him and he looked lost. Doesn't mean that Moore is the answer or won't get replaced in a game or two if he plays poorly.

No need to get too excited or unhappy at this point. The worm could turn a few more times this year. At this rate even Pike might get a chance.

Difference between us is that I have been around long enough to know that you need to keep it between the lines. Things are never as bad or as good as they might look at first glance and things are cyclical no matter how unique or straightforward they look.

#221 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

HUDDLER

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:24 PM

On the bright side, Moore will probably set the record for most interceptions in a single game for two QBs by himself.

Also, how's he going to force it to Smitty if he's not playing? What a conundrum!

Smitty will be on the sideline in his civvies. Suddenly a ball will whiz by his head.
The polaroid sent down from the booth will clearly show 89 should have caught that ball.

#222 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

HUDDLER

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:48 PM

#223 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:04 AM

If Clausen doesn't get back in this year we won't be drafting a QB. So we will be doing the trying too find out if he can play thing next year. Hopefully with a better OC and better weapons. I hope we don't start the whole Jason cambell thing. Where we go thru 3 or 4 years trying to figure out if he can play and miss our chance at a franchise QB.

#224 CarolinaBlue34

CarolinaBlue34

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:27 AM

Would like for Pike to get a shot ;\

#225 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:56 AM

Fox made the right move by pulling Moore. He sucked ass for 6 games (including the pre-season).

However, he is also making the right move by benching Clausen now. Clausen showed that he was not ready and continuing to throw him out there in these circumstances could seriously hinder his overall development.

The same people that are bitching about this now, would be the same bitching if Moore had started every game this season. It would just be a different bitch.

#226 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:09 AM

I just hope after this doesn't work we have enough games at the end too give Clausen more game time exp. and still have a top 3 pick for the new coach to start with.

#227 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:42 AM

I just hope after this doesn't work we have enough games at the end too give Clausen more game time exp. and still have a top 3 pick for the new coach to start with.

Aye.

#228 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:35 AM

I just hope Moore has found whatever mojo he lost over the preseason. He was red-hot at the end of last year.

I also hope we get to see some more of Clausen later in the year. I expect that if we're out of playoff contention, Clausen will get a couple games in December.