#16 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,636 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:18 PM

I thought it was pretty well known that Smith was not happy Clausen was starting and with Moore back in the saddle, a guy who can get him the ball (whether good or bad), he might be more encouraged to get healthy.

Just an observation.

You are actually right on in my opinion. Smitty wouldn't have made a real push to be ready if Clausen was the QB since he hasn't shown any ability to get him the ball. It may not be this week but defintely Smitty will be working harder to come back if he thinks there is actually a reason to come back.

Look what happened when Carr didn't throw to him, I remember he missed a game and I don't think he was injured.

#17 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,494 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:20 PM

I wish I knew how many INTs came from the ball being thrown to Smith.... not his fault at all, but I think our uncreative offense really contributes in that direction.

#18 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,636 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

Peoples injuries healed differently based on who was QB on their team? Who are these people that do it "all the time"?

Guys whose teams are in the playoff race play with pain and make sacrifices if they think the reward is worth it. Look at TO coming back in 3 weeks from an injury that reportedly takes 5 or 6 weeks to heal just to play in the Superbowl.

Sure players come back and play through pain if they deem the reward sufficient. That might not mean that going from 0-5 to 1-6 would be worth Smitty coming back early, but he surely would have little reason to try with Clausen still in there. I don't know if Moore would be worth it either, but he had 2 TDs and decent yards while Moore was in there. Since then, not much.

Edited by panthers55, 18 October 2010 - 03:24 PM.

#19 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

I'm hearing he'll be traded.

#20 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,636 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:25 PM

I'm hearing he'll be traded.

I would think not until he is healthy and has some trade value.

#21 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:43 PM

Yes. You really think Smith's ankle is going to heal at a different speed based on who the QB is?

If Matt Moore is equipped in the QB slot, then Steve Smith benefits from +15 healing.

#22 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:46 PM

Peoples injuries healed differently based on who was QB on their team? Who are these people that do it "all the time"?

I didn't say his injury would heal faster. I said that if he feels he has something to play for he might rush back.

Reading comprehension on this board is questionable at best.

#23 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

You people are nuts. Steve Smith is a fighter who is trying to do everything he can to get in the HOF, so it would make no sense whatsoever for him to not play if he's ready.

Also, when have you heard Smitty say that he didn't want to play with Clausen? I must have missed it.

#24 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,636 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:54 PM

You people are nuts. Steve Smith is a fighter who is trying to do everything he can to get in the HOF, so it would make no sense whatsoever for him to not play if he's ready.

Also, when have you heard Smitty say that he didn't want to play with Clausen? I must have missed it.

You think if he didn't say it, it isn't true or it isn't confirmed?? Smitty clearly had problems with Carr as well who was the last quarterback who couldn't get him the ball.

#25 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:18 PM

You think if he didn't say it, it isn't true or it isn't confirmed?? Smitty clearly had problems with Carr as well who was the last quarterback who couldn't get him the ball.

What Panther QB have you not seen Smitty barking at on the sidelines? Jake Delhomme got it worse than any of the other QB's and that was back when Smitty was putting up video game numbers. People are reading way too much in to this stuff.

#26 9ernation94

9ernation94

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:43 PM

I don't follow the Panthers much to be honest but I find it hard to believe that Steve Smith or any NFL players especially a starting player of his caliber. Would miss games because he doesn't "like" said QB. I'm pretty sure Smith would receive an X amount of bonuses/escalators or whatever for production.... Obviously he's not productive on the bench.

On a side note; Smith is effective even if the QB struggles to get him the ball. Just him being on the field demands respect! Making everyone else's job a little easier...

#27 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:27 PM

I don't follow the Panthers much to be honest but I find it hard to believe that Steve Smith or any NFL players especially a starting player of his caliber. Would miss games because he doesn't "like" said QB. I'm pretty sure Smith would receive an X amount of bonuses/escalators or whatever for production.... Obviously he's not productive on the bench.

On a side note; Smith is effective even if the QB struggles to get him the ball. Just him being on the field demands respect! Making everyone else's job a little easier...

No one said he would miss games if healthy but rather would he play hurt? Just like you said he might have escalators or he might just be prideful but the bottom line is Clausen wasn't getting it done for him and Moore was. Moore gives Smith more yards in a drive than Jimmy could in two games. So now if he's only 75% does he come back? Obviously if he's 100% he plays. That's not the question.

#28 9ernation94

9ernation94

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:03 PM

No one said he would miss games if healthy but rather would he play hurt? Just like you said he might have escalators or he might just be prideful but the bottom line is Clausen wasn't getting it done for him and Moore was. Moore gives Smith more yards in a drive than Jimmy could in two games. So now if he's only 75% does he come back? Obviously if he's 100% he plays. That's not the question.

"Would he play hurt" If he can go he should go regardless who the QB is.

#29 E CaT PanTHer

E CaT PanTHer

Aite, Lets Do It !!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:11 PM

I didn't say his injury would heal faster. I said that if he feels he has something to play for he might rush back.

Reading comprehension on this board is questionable at best.

I agree with the Real Deal here. The Panthers organization seems to hide the fact that players are either unhappy or struggling. Now I'm not saying Smitty faked the injury, but the severity of the injury can definitely be exaggerated. It's probably a common tactic used by NFL teams to hide the fact that there are personal issues within the team, like Smitty's frustrations with Clausen. Now that Moore is starting, we might see Smitty more eager to get back on the playing field.

#30 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

I don't know if you noticed E Cat but my views are often in the minority here, being wrong and obnoxious is much more the standard so I'd be very careful to post that you agree with me. We can't have too many people being knowledgeable on one message board now can we.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com