Photo
- - - - -

Let's all insult each other over football.

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#91 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:35 PM

people take this stuff far too seriously.

#92 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

Matt Moore WAS terrible, and he did NOT show anything in the first 6 games this season (including the preseason). To say otherwise is dillusional.

Moore looked bad....Clausen look just as bad. Go with the guy who has a little more experience. That is all that we saw here.

And even you prove my point. You are saying WAS terrible this year.

That's NOT what a lot of people around here were saying 2 weeks ago. They were no longer making that difference, between this year and overall as a QB.

Most people just wanted everyone to believe Matt Moore is just a terrible QB, we should forget about him, and move on to go ahead and fully support Jimmy Clausen because Jimmy is the future and Matt won't be here this year.

And THAT has been the general mentality around here for most of this season since we signed Jimmy Clausen.

Oh one more thing to recap this once and for all:

I have been 100% against that mentality because I believe it to be based mainly on heart not logic. Which is why so many have a problem with me. I didn't join the Clausen Mardi Gras.

But I understand why so many did. People want the Panthers to have an Elite QB so bad they would do anything. And when Jimmy got drafted EVERYONE was hoping he would be that man. But a lot just went ahead and gave that to him, while I'm saying...hey SLOW THE fug DOWN....we need to see if that's really the case with his guy. That automatically labeled me as being against Clausen.

Edited by PantherFanForLife, 20 October 2010 - 03:47 PM.

#93 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,729 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:46 PM

And even you prove my point. You are saying WAS terrible this year.

That's NOT what a lot of people around here were saying 2 weeks ago. They were no longer making that difference, between this year and overall as a QB.

Most people just wanted everyone to believe Matt Moore is just a terrible QB, we should forget about him, and move on to go ahead and fully support Jimmy Clausen because Jimmy is the future and Matt won't be here this year.

And THAT has been the general mentality around here for most of this season since we signed Jimmy Clausen.

You believe that Matt Moore will be a good QB....they believe that Matt Moore will not be a good QB.

The only real evidence is how he is playing as the starter of an NFL team when it matters....and quite frankly he sucked BAD.

I don't see how what you are saying is any different that the people you are complaining about.

#94 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:51 PM

You believe that Matt Moore will be a good QB....they believe that Matt Moore will not be a good QB.

The only real evidence is how he is playing as the starter of an NFL team when it matters....and quite frankly he sucked BAD.

I don't see how what you are saying is any different that the people you are complaining about.

Again...will be. You have used the words was this season and will be to make your two points. Never had a problem with that.

When it became IS a bad QB, because of 2 games...that's when I had a problem with it.

Because that's a lie.

Matt Moore was a bad QB this year =True.
Matt more will be a bad QB = Speculation.
Matt Moore IS and HAS ALWAYS been a bad QB = Lie.

I only had a problem with one of those arguments.

Edited by PantherFanForLife, 20 October 2010 - 03:54 PM.

#95 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,729 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

Again...will be. You have used the words was this season and will be to make your two points. Never had a problem with that.

When it became IS a bad QB, because of 2 games...that's when I had a problem with it.

Damn, you sound like Bill Clinton.....debating over the definition of "IS".:D

#96 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,364 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:53 PM

worst derail ever

#97 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,468 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:56 PM

great now this thread blows...thanks alot

#98 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:56 PM

Sheesh boo, calm down, I was just picking.

Besides, nothing you can say will piss me off. Looks like I pissed you off though.

ahaha I guess me being a smartass comes off as me being extremely mad.
:rolleyes:

#99 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

A lot of people said, "matt moore is terrible because of how he is playing this season"

you are saying, "matt moore is not terrible because of how he played last season and a couple seasons ago, and that adds up to more games!!"

A lot of people then rebutted with, "but the games that mattered most were this year because it was 'his' team and he was terribulll."

to which you say, "he's still a good QB with a couple bad games."

ok, I can buy a good QB can have a couple bad games. Let's see what he does the rest of the season.

If he leads us to winning the rest of the way out, I'll again be hoping for the best with Moore. But if next season he drops the ball as "the starter" AGAIN, I'll be pissed.. AGAIN.

so that's how it works.

I hoped Matt would be that elite QB you talk of. Last year, Moore gave me a birthday present by slaughtering a very good team. Since then, until this season started, I thought he really was going to be great. Maybe not elite, but great - as good as Jake at his best, and hopefully without his worst traits. This season exposed the truth; while Matt may come back and make something of this season, we'll always remember he can be inconsistent, and that took A LOT of his luster off. No matter how you slice it, that makes a lot of us not quite so blindly supportive of him.

ps: Most of the posters you were arguing with were here last year to see Moore play, and we supported him then. We remember the good he did. I remember the threads showing how he had one of the best QB ratings for a starter ever in those 4 games or something insane. He looked GOOD. He HASNT this season at all. That's the issue.

pps: It's not a Huddle forum without me going back and forth with someone about Matt Moore and/or Jimmy Clausen!

ok, so yeah. I'm done with these posts for a bit. Tired of it. It's just leading us nowhere, and I'm getting frustrated by it all. No, I haven't been illuminated by facts, I'm just tired of the same topic. Back to the "Steve Smith Faked an Injury to Avoid Clausen" thread :D

Edited by mav1234, 20 October 2010 - 04:00 PM.

#100 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

Damn, you sound like Bill Clinton.....debating over the definition of "IS".:D

I'm not debating over the definition of the word IS. It cannot be debated.

I debated the definition the Carolina Huddle labeled Matt Moore with: "Matt Moore is a terrible QB".

That I debate.

#101 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:02 PM

A lot of people said, "matt moore is terrible because of how he is playing this season"

you are saying, "matt moore is not terrible because of how he played last season and a couple seasons ago, and that adds up to more games!!"

A lot of people then rebutted with, "but the games that mattered most were this year because it was 'his' team and he was terribulll."

to which you say, "he's still a good QB with a couple bad games."

ok, I can buy a good QB can have a couple bad games. Let's see what he does the rest of the season.

If he leads us to winning the rest of the way out, I'll again be hoping for the best with Moore. But if next season he drops the ball as "the starter" AGAIN, I'll be pissed.. AGAIN.

so that's how it works.

I hoped Matt would be that elite QB you talk of. Last year, Moore gave me a birthday present by slaughtering a very good team. Since then, until this season started, I thought he really was going to be great. Maybe not elite, but great - as good as Jake at his best, and hopefully without his worst traits. This season exposed the truth; while Matt may come back and make something of this season, we'll always remember he can be inconsistent, and that took A LOT of his luster off. No matter how you slice it, that makes a lot of us not quite so blindly supportive of him.

Thank you, at least you get it! All I'm saying is that's only fair. And all I was saying in the other threads, is the fact that now Matt can do that is only justice for Matt. Cause he sure as hell didn't get that benefit of the doubt.

Give the guy who won 6 of his first 8 starts as a starting QB for this franchise some credit that he could have had a couple of bad games before you label him as terrible based on 2 games with an overall terrible team.

#102 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

Just as a note. You didn't "convince" me. I've always "gotten" it. Most of us have. The difference is, you expect him to do better. I expect him to fail miserably, I just HOPE he doesn't, because I do like the guy... I just have trouble believing in him this season. Im not saying stop posting your support at all. Just don't think you are really changing people like me. I believe what I believe. I just hope for the best, even when I expect the worst.

Seriously my last thought on this. >.>

#103 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:43 PM

Both of these posters should be banned for posting that argument in this thread.

#104 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:53 PM

Both of these posters should be banned for posting that argument in this thread.

yeah, sorry. I didn't mean to derail this thread so bad.

#105 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:59 PM

OP, is a poopie head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com