Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

True Inauguration Story

76 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Better yet, yank out her ovaries through her throat.

:eek6:

*Glad not to be on GTG bad list*

Posted · Report post

i've been to boston and alabama probably 50 times each over my lifetime because i have relatives in both places. i heard more N words in gardendale (just south of birmingham) in the 2 weeks i was there this christmas than i ever have in boston (that number being 0). or in the past 18 years i've lived in VA for that matter.

So racism for you boils down to the n-word.

Very different brands of racism in the two places. But it is stronger by far in the north mostly because there was never an integration push in northern areas like there was in the south.

Posted · Report post

bet only a small % of those were white on black....good use of statistics though

Unfortunately I couldn't find a breakdown of the race vs race. And why would you assume only a small % would be white on black?

Posted · Report post

it's not a bad measuring stick.

Posted · Report post

Let me explain the difference between the North and the South -

The South hates the race but embraces the individual while the North embraces the race but hates the individual.

Posted · Report post

Very different brands of racism in the two places. But it is stronger by far in the north mostly because there was never an integration push in northern areas like there was in the south.

Thats what I think, as well as reconstruction.

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately I couldn't find a breakdown of the race vs race. And why would you assume only a small % would be white on black?

Because you have so many different races up there. Latinos killing blacks, blacks killing latinos...its not like down here where its predominantly black n white.

Posted · Report post

Anti-semitism reigns in the big cities. Asian bigotry (as well as native American bigotry) reigns out west. It makes sense that there are more problems between black and white in the South, because that's where they compete for jobs. When I first moved to Charlotte, I lived close to the Mexican area of town. Guess who had problems? The blacks and Mexicans, who were competing for jobs. I bet you hear more Irish and Italian jokes in one day in Boston than you'll hear in a year in Alabama.

Posted · Report post

Because you have so many different races up there. Latinos killing blacks, blacks killing latinos...its not like down here where its predominantly black n white.

I don't know if you live in Charlotte, but if you do take a drive down South Blvd., Central Ave., Eastway Dr., and Tryon (both N and S). I think there is a pretty damn good mix of folks. And I would assume it's similar to other large cities in the south.

Posted · Report post

Let me explain the difference between the North and the South -

The South hates the race but embraces the individual while the North embraces the race but hates the individual.

Hatred of southerners = the last acceptable form of bigotry. :D

Posted · Report post

I don't know if you live in Charlotte, but if you do take a drive down South Blvd., Central Ave., Eastway Dr., and Tryon (both N and S). I think there is a pretty damn good mix of folks. And I would assume it's similar to other large cities in the south.

Yeah and its been that way for how long? Since the 30's? 50's? not even the 80's...

Posted · Report post

Hatred of Catholics = the last acceptable form of bigotry. :D

Fixed...