Photo
- - - - -

Oh wow, I really love this David Gettis kid.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:32 AM

And not just because of his performance today.

I'll admit it when it comes to unproven rookies, with the exception of a high profile name like Jimmy, I tend to overlook some of them and only really get interested in them on a more personal, in-depth level, AFTER they show me something.

For those of you that are like me in that regard, I STRONGLY URGE YOU, to watch this post-game interview with him.

http://www.panthers....f0-ffed690670e1

WOW! What a humble kid. Intelligent. AND MATURE! Oh man if only he can maintain this type of playing he would have THE PERFECT skill-personality combo and would quickly rise as one of the main leaders of this offense.

That is what I want to see in my Panthers. Seriously this kid talks with the maturity level of John Kasay. Very impressed. He has that "quiet confidence" vibe going too. I really like that.

Edited by PantherFanForLife, 25 October 2010 - 12:51 AM.

#2 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,762 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:37 AM

I hope he continues to have success... and it doesn't go to his head. He sounds great, and he looked great out there.

#3 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:37 AM

kid keeps this up i'll stop hugging A.J. Green's nuts

#4 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:38 AM

The man has gotta great head on his shoulders. Good to see

#5 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:40 AM

I like Gettis. I watched that clip earlier today, and I like how he's humble. He doesn't sound like a thug either when he speaks, definitely seems intelligent and a class act.

#6 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:50 AM

I like Gettis. I watched that clip earlier today, and I like how he's humble. He doesn't sound like a thug either when he speaks, definitely seems intelligent and a class act.

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. I love Smith to death, but it's nice to see the alternative.

A talented black NFL receiver with no traces of thug or the typical(ok maybe not-so-typical) cockiness T.O and Ochocinco have graces us with?

On OUR team?

Someone slap me and wake me up. This kid could actually be A ROLE model. Like for real, for real.

#7 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:59 AM

yeah it's always nice when they all well spoken.

#8 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:16 AM

Speaking of which Gettis has offensive rookie of the week wrapped up. Hopefully no rookies do well on monday.

#9 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:19 AM

Speaking of which Gettis has offensive rookie of the week wrapped up. Hopefully no rookies do well on monday.

Even if he doesn't get that I have a feeling after today other teams are going to be accounting for him from here on out.

I know I am. I'm going to be paying a lot more attention to him now, and believe he should definitely be a lock for #2 WR next week. Hopefully next week he can lock it down for the season.

Which will just leave the battle between LaFell and Devin Thomas.

#10 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:31 AM

I'm hoping he can replace the void left by Moose when he left. He certainly proved he has the ability to run routes well and he can make some tough catches. The best part is that David has made steady progress each and every game, this guy has really adjusted well to playing in the NFL.

#11 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:39 AM

He interviews like a young Donald Driver

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com