Photo
- - - - -

CBS Mock Draft

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#11 ZedLeppelin

ZedLeppelin

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:54 PM

I want to address QB but passing on either Peterson or Green would be hard. If we have a coach that is drafting based on BPA then you take Peterson. If we have a coach drafting based on need you take Green. If we have the #1 pick...you take Luck. This is how I see our big board based on a mix of BPA and need:

#1 - Luck
#2 - Peterson
#3 - Green
#4 - Locker
#5 - Dareus (even though I will HATE this pick and would rather trade out)
#6 - Ingram (take BPA and don't worry about signing Deangelo to another contract)
#7 - Amukamara
#8 - Quinn (again...hate the pick b/c I think he's overrated after not playing in 2010)
#9 - Julio Jones
#10 -Ryan Mallett

The good thing for us is that I don't think there is a chance in hell that we are drafting any lower than #5. So, depending on what teams are valuing in the draft we could have a shot at Peterson who would be a steal at #5.

The "value board" could change real quick if Matt Moore starts sucking again (like I think he will). It could shoot Mallett into the top 5 with Luck, Peterson, Green, and Locker.

Nice post I pretty much agree with this 100% except for the Ingram pick. I would hate to pick Ingram unless I knew we were going to spend the DWill contract money on someone like Vincent Jackson or Richard Seymour.

#12 kdrh5

kdrh5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:10 PM

DaQuan Bowers with a top 2 pick?? I hope you are being sarcastic. He's a top 25 player but not a top 10 or top 5 player at 6'4'' 280. DEs his size are a dime a dozen in the first round...

Quinn, Clayborn, Heyward, Bailey...

Any of those guys are probably going to end up being just as good as Bowers. IMO to drat a DE in the top 5 they better be 6'6'' and upwards of 290 coming out and be freak athletes (Peppers and Williams). If you hit on a guy like Tuck, Osi, or Freeney somewhere else in the draft then count your blessings but there is no way I take a risk on a guy who is solely a pass rusher in the top 5 picks. That is one reason I don't like Quinn as much as a lot of people. You could get a Lamarr Woodley later in the draft and not risk taking a Vernon Gholston in the top 5...

Bowers is a great athlete, has the numbers this year to match, and he also plays one of the most important positions on defense in a passing league. Considering all those things, I really don't see how being 6'4, 280 is somehow too small to be worth a top pick especially if youre potentially an elite pass rusher, and especially in this draft which is weak overall. And I definitely prefer Bowers over Clayborn, who is overrated, Heyward and Bailey who are both defensive tackles in a 4-3 or 3-4 ends, and a guy who hasn't played this year.

#13 kdrh5

kdrh5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:13 PM

LOL at Jake Locker being considered a top five pick

#14 ZedLeppelin

ZedLeppelin

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:16 PM

Quinn and Bowers both remind me too much of Gaines Adams when he came out.

#15 kdrh5

kdrh5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:42 PM

The only similarity between Bowers and Adams is the jersey

#16 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:12 AM

Peterson is a rare talent, much like Peppers was at his respective position. You pull the trigger and get that kid in a Panthers uniform if you have the opportunity to do so.

Beason and Peterson is a tandem that you build championship defenses around. Draft offensive and defensive lines heavy with remaining picks.

#17 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:41 AM

LOL at Jake Locker being considered a top five pick

This... I would take Mallett before Locker

#18 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:48 AM

Peterson is a rare talent, much like Peppers was at his respective position. You pull the trigger and get that kid in a Panthers uniform if you have the opportunity to do so.

Beason and Peterson is a tandem that you build championship defenses around. Draft offensive and defensive lines heavy with remaining picks.

This, if the Panthers are picking third and he's gone then you take Green. I think the same thing about him as well. His skill set is way too good to pass up if you have a chance to get him.

Except I dont expect the team to draft Oline heavy, unless its late in the draft.