Photo
- - - - -

Every time I hear the word "hernia" I get chills down my spine.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:41 AM

Well I had mine when i was about 7, I have a 5 inch scar where they cut me open. So I'm stuck with it.

Same here at the same age. Funniest part was waking up the next morning with my bladder about to burst, and I couldn't walk or even get up out of bed so I just had to create a golden fountain.

:smilielol5:

#17 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,724 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:56 AM

We all sound like old folks at the retirement home competing to one up everyone else about what was wrong with them, LOL.

So let me join in. For that matter had ACL reconstruction, Shoulder reconstruction, a hernia, etc. Surgery is painful period but the problem is the rehab which varies. For me the most painful rehab was the ACL because you have to walk on it every day. At least with the shoulder you don't have to move it if you don't want to.

Also had the surgeries years ago before all the infection issues. What would suck is the surgery compounded by an infection which is resistent to treatment. Then all the rehab.

#18 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:16 PM

We all sound like old folks at the retirement home competing to one up everyone else about what was wrong with them, LOL.

So let me join in. For that matter had ACL reconstruction, Shoulder reconstruction, a hernia, etc. Surgery is painful period but the problem is the rehab which varies. For me the most painful rehab was the ACL because you have to walk on it every day. At least with the shoulder you don't have to move it if you don't want to.

Also had the surgeries years ago before all the infection issues. What would suck is the surgery compounded by an infection which is resistent to treatment. Then all the rehab.

LOL. Well the idea was to kind of list the severity of the injuries suffered by NFL players that make you cringe but it does seem to have turned into that. So carry on, it's just as entertaining.

#19 LaChance87

LaChance87

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:06 PM

I was mainly talking about sport-related, specifically NFL-related injuries but OUCH! That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. I heard that's no joke either.

I should probably start familiarizing myself more with these things seeing how I'm knocking on the door of the big 3.0.

Hey man watch out you could get a kidney stone at any time.. a friend of mine got one when we were about 18 or 19... Heard its awful! They relate it to when a woman has a baby... and them damn things look like a sandspur or something... Terrible.

#20 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:29 PM

When I was a young kid in kindergarten something went wrong with one of my testicles and they had to move it or something. They tacked it in place to make sure it stayed still. It took a long time to not be sore. I couldn't watch funny tv shows because it hurt too much to laugh.

Other than that I had a weird concussion in 4th grade where my eyes rolled up in my head and got stuck. I've never been able to find a doctor to explain how that happened or anybody else who experienced it. That wasn't painful at all but just really weird.

Getting the Coxsacki virus is pretty painful I had blisters all up and down my esophagus. The doctor said it was pretty severe one of the worst he'd ever seen.

Then dislocating my kneecap is the only sports injury but that's not all that bad. It's very painful but it's easy to stay calm and grit you teeth to pop it back in. I hate it though. You know it's easier to pop it back in rather than go to the hospital but your body is saying "no more pain please go to hospitcal". The 2nd time i did it I had to go to the hospital because it was on school property. Painkillers are amazing. You feel the warmth rushing down your body and suddenly no pain. Wonderful. Apparently they gave me too much.

#21 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:34 AM

Hey man watch out you could get a kidney stone at any time.. a friend of mine got one when we were about 18 or 19... Heard its awful! They relate it to when a woman has a baby... and them damn things look like a sandspur or something... Terrible.

I was actually concerned about this one this past summer. I won't go into all the symptoms since some aren't all that pleasant but one of the main one was the constant lower back pain. Lasted for about 2 weeks and went away after drinking a good bit of Cranberry juice and high dosage Ibuprohen.

#22 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:39 AM

When I was a young kid in kindergarten something went wrong with one of my testicles and they had to move it or something. They tacked it in place to make sure it stayed still. It took a long time to not be sore. I couldn't watch funny tv shows because it hurt too much to laugh.

Other than that I had a weird concussion in 4th grade where my eyes rolled up in my head and got stuck. I've never been able to find a doctor to explain how that happened or anybody else who experienced it. That wasn't painful at all but just really weird.

Getting the Coxsacki virus is pretty painful I had blisters all up and down my esophagus. The doctor said it was pretty severe one of the worst he'd ever seen.

Then dislocating my kneecap is the only sports injury but that's not all that bad. It's very painful but it's easy to stay calm and grit you teeth to pop it back in. I hate it though. You know it's easier to pop it back in rather than go to the hospital but your body is saying "no more pain please go to hospitcal". The 2nd time i did it I had to go to the hospital because it was on school property. Painkillers are amazing. You feel the warmth rushing down your body and suddenly no pain. Wonderful. Apparently they gave me too much.

They had to.....move it? You have got to elaborate on that one. I can honestly say that you have had two injuries, or more like freak accidents, that I have never even heard of before.

You gotta be joking.

#23 Carolinator

Carolinator

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:39 AM

True. Sorry. Just the most painful thing i've ever had to go through. I've broken my nose twice and my wrist once. Had a concussion playing football and got knocked out with a baseball. lol. By far, the kidney stone is the worst. I'm 28 and have been dealing with them for about 3 years off and on now. I wouldn't wish these bastards on my worst enemy......well unless my worst enemy was a Dallas Cowboy. :P

All I had so far was a buckle fracture in my index toe from soccer and a sprained right wrist from blocking. Both have lingering affects still.

#24 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:13 PM

They had to.....move it? You have got to elaborate on that one. I can honestly say that you have had two injuries, or more like freak accidents, that I have never even heard of before.

You gotta be joking.

Undescended Testicle I believe it's called. When your very young your testicles are pretty much inside you and they slowly come down. One came down and the other one didn't. So they moved it to the proper spot. Messed up things could happen like infertility and cancer if not treated. There's a tiny black spot on one of the jewels. It's a suture of some kind where they secured it down.

Lol it happened man it's one of my favorite childhood stories with my friends. We were throwing a frisbee after school and I just didn't see this kid chasing the frisbee. We hit really hard. His lip and nose were bloodied while I didn't look too bad except my eyes were stuck up in my head. If I tilted my head down I could see a small slit of vision. So we all walked up to the office but by the time I got their they just came down. I don't know if I had a muscle spasm or what it was. It was really weird though.

I also have seen a one in a million explosive diarrhea episode that was left in a bi-lo grocery store bathroom. Doctors haven't really explained that either, they just said people get really sick. sometimes. I'm still not sure if it was somehow a prank or something. The coverage was physically astounding.

#25 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:28 PM

Undescended Testicle I believe it's called. When your very young your testicles are pretty much inside you and they slowly come down. One came down and the other one didn't. So they moved it to the proper spot. Messed up things could happen like infertility and cancer if not treated. There's a tiny black spot on one of the jewels. It's a suture of some kind where they secured it down.

Lol it happened man it's one of my favorite childhood stories with my friends. We were throwing a frisbee after school and I just didn't see this kid chasing the frisbee. We hit really hard. His lip and nose were bloodied while I didn't look too bad except my eyes were stuck up in my head. If I tilted my head down I could see a small slit of vision. So we all walked up to the office but by the time I got their they just came down. I don't know if I had a muscle spasm or what it was. It was really weird though.

I also have seen a one in a million explosive diarrhea episode that was left in a bi-lo grocery store bathroom. Doctors haven't really explained that either, they just said people get really sick. sometimes. I'm still not sure if it was somehow a prank or something. The coverage was physically astounding.

Lol. Damn dude.

#26 Any_Given_Sunday

Any_Given_Sunday

CH.com: We Know Drama

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:19 PM

I vote to have this thread permanently removed. Just reading these posts are making me hurt. The thought of some of this stuff is unimagineable and i've been through some hell with these kidney stones. lol. Just found out yesterday that I actually have 2. :(
The painkillers help take a bit of the edge off but it still doesn't completely take it away and i'm on some strong stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com