Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hurney shouldn't be fired for two main reasons

301 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I know it's ancient history now, but was Seifert a coach/GM hybrid? If so, do you think Jerry will ever go down that road again?

seifert had complete control as did capers after polian left. capers is best known for giving up two top 10 picks for sean gilbert & people complain about hurney

Posted · Report post

under seifert and capers the panthers managed to spend first rounders on heroin addicts twice in 3 years.

Posted · Report post

He's been good...but not good enough. If we fire him, we may get worse, or we may get better. Are we willing to take that risk? Or do we want to stay mediocre as always?

Posted · Report post

dom capers went Jason Peter, Chuck Wiley, and Mitch Marrow with a 1st, 3rd, and 3rd respectively in 1998.

I want everyone to think about that.

Posted · Report post

Fug that. Fire Hurney! I will NEVER forget that Delhomme extension. Don't care what excuse is given. Get him THE FUG OUT!!!!

Posted · Report post

a compelling argument.

Posted · Report post

dom capers went Jason Peter, Chuck Wiley, and Mitch Marrow with a 1st, 3rd, and 3rd respectively in 1998.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Posted · Report post

Wrong Ozzie, but the points are valid.

If the team was going to be able to follow a Steeleresque pattern of reloading and pre-emptive drafting, they had to start somewhere. More than one team has started a long, successful run with an awful year.

Hurney learned from a guy that was pretty good at the GM game.

Posted · Report post

im 50/50 with the hurn-dog. his good has been really good, but boy has his bad been cowpoo.your 2nd reason is why i would keep for the simple fact that no other gm/coach/ players would not want an owner that jumps ship like jr did.

Posted · Report post

That was with a pre-DUI Leonard Little on the board too.

(I was banging my head against a wall when those picks were read)

I forget, That might have been the same draft they went for J C Price. I'd have to look it up to be sure.

Edit: Price was 96. The guy I was thinking of was probably Viliami Maumau.

Posted · Report post

He's been good...but not good enough. If we fire him, we may get worse, or we may get better. Are we willing to take that risk? Or do we want to stay mediocre as always?

Who's been better over the same time period?

Posted · Report post

Wrong Ozzie.

how about you get the fug out "Mr." Scot