Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Scary is Duke's Backcourt?

38 posts in this topic

Posted

First game against Princeton, who is picked to win the Ivy League.;)

Smith 10-15 for 22 points, 4 rebounds, and 6 assists

Irving 4-10 for 17 points, 4 rebounds, and 9 assists

Curry 4-10 for 14 points, 3 rebounds, and 1 assist

Dawkins 5-9 for 13 points, and 1 assist

And they all played around 25 minutes. WOW!:D

Posted

1253748724-Cool_story_bro_inc.jpg

congrats on beating Princeton- National Championships !!!one!1111!11!!1

4<6

Posted

Irving = player of the year.

Posted

1253748724-Cool_story_bro_inc.jpg

congrats on beating Princeton- National Championships !!!one!1111!11!!1

4<6

So do you, being a unc fan, want to tell me you are not afraid of our backcourt?

And are you really claiming 6 titles? Really? The Helms title, or as it is also known (Mythical National Championship), doesn't count, unc and Butler both claim to be national champs that year. Cool story huh, bro?

"In addition, Butler University, who won the AAU's collegiate tournament, and a 26-0 North Carolina team who was named Helms Athletic Foundation National Champion, both claim national titles for 1924."

Posted

He tries so hard, like a bodybuilding elf.

Posted

First game against Princeton, who is picked to win the Ivy League.;)

Smith 10-15 for 22 points, 4 rebounds, and 6 assists

Irving 4-10 for 17 points, 4 rebounds, and 9 assists

Curry 4-10 for 14 points, 3 rebounds, and 1 assist

Dawkins 5-9 for 13 points, and 1 assist

And they all played around 25 minutes. WOW!:D

1 person likes this

Posted

Thre is no team in the ACC that can touch this team.

plumlee power!!

Posted

unc backcourt vs. Lipscomb

L. Drew 0-3 for 4 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 TO's

D. Strickland 0-2 for 2 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal

L. Mcdonald 3-5 for 7 points, 1 rebound, 0 assist, 1 TO's

K. Marshall 4-5 for 10 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 TO's

Isn't Lipscomb a division II school?

Posted

unc backcourt vs. Lipscomb

L. Drew 0-3 for 4 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 TO's

D. Strickland 0-2 for 2 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal

L. Mcdonald 3-5 for 7 points, 1 rebound, 0 assist, 1 TO's

K. Marshall 4-5 for 10 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 TO's

Isn't Lipscomb a division II school?

yet another cool story, who knew bigcatdaddy was the only person on the planet that could read stats.....man what the fug would we do without you?

I never said Duke didn't have a good team, in fact I complimented Kyrie Irving in a previous thread saying that he is probably the best freshmen in the country....

You do realize if Duke doesn't win it all this year, that it will be the biggest letdown of a team in the past ten years? Same squad except you add Curry and Irving, and lose Scheyer. Put the kleenex box down and check back with me in March. No one won a national championship this weekend.

1 person likes this

Posted

yet another cool story, who knew bigcatdaddy was the only person on the planet that could read stats.....man what the fug would we do without you?

I never said Duke didn't have a good team, in fact I complimented Kyrie Irving in a previous thread saying that he is probably the best freshmen in the country....

You do realize if Duke doesn't win it all this year, that it will be the biggest letdown of a team in the past ten years? Same squad except you add Curry and Irving, and lose Scheyer. Put the kleenex box down and check back with me in March. No one won a national championship this weekend.

I don't know that I would say that, unc losing in 2008 was the biggest letdown so far in this decade. They only lost 2 games that entire year and were the hands down favorite to win it all going into the tourney. KU barely beat Davidson to make it to the final four and then they routed the heels.

I am not saying that we won any kind of championship, I simply stated that our guards played incredible and I think it will be hard for just about any team to match up with our guards. I think Dawkins and Curry would start on almost any team in the country but they are coming off our bench. Stop getting your panties in a bunch, I was just shocked that we had four guards in double figures.:D

BTW you never answered me, does our backcourt scare you and do you really count the helms banner as a real title or is it really Duke 4 titles, and unc 5 titles? Just curious.

Posted

We also lost Zoubek and Lance Thomas. That's 3 starters. I think Zoubek was a bigger loss than Scheyer. That being said i think this team might be better.

Posted

so how is that a greater disappointment- UNC was not the returning champions, didn't Kansas win it all that year?

Like I said make go ahead and make pointless threads about first game statistics but check back with me in March.

and it doesn't matter if that first championship counts because 5 is still greater than four