• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:19 PM

First game against Princeton, who is picked to win the Ivy League.;)

Smith 10-15 for 22 points, 4 rebounds, and 6 assists

Irving 4-10 for 17 points, 4 rebounds, and 9 assists

Curry 4-10 for 14 points, 3 rebounds, and 1 assist

Dawkins 5-9 for 13 points, and 1 assist

And they all played around 25 minutes. WOW!:D

#2 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,605 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:16 PM

Posted Image

congrats on beating Princeton- National Championships !!!one!1111!11!!1

4<6

#3 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

Irving = player of the year.

#4 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

Posted Image

congrats on beating Princeton- National Championships !!!one!1111!11!!1

4<6

So do you, being a unc fan, want to tell me you are not afraid of our backcourt?

And are you really claiming 6 titles? Really? The Helms title, or as it is also known (Mythical National Championship), doesn't count, unc and Butler both claim to be national champs that year. Cool story huh, bro?

"In addition, Butler University, who won the AAU's collegiate tournament, and a 26-0 North Carolina team who was named Helms Athletic Foundation National Champion, both claim national titles for 1924."

#5 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:03 PM

He tries so hard, like a bodybuilding elf.

#6 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:53 PM

First game against Princeton, who is picked to win the Ivy League.;)

Smith 10-15 for 22 points, 4 rebounds, and 6 assists

Irving 4-10 for 17 points, 4 rebounds, and 9 assists

Curry 4-10 for 14 points, 3 rebounds, and 1 assist

Dawkins 5-9 for 13 points, and 1 assist

And they all played around 25 minutes. WOW!:D

#7 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:40 PM

Thre is no team in the ACC that can touch this team.

plumlee power!!

#8 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

unc backcourt vs. Lipscomb

L. Drew 0-3 for 4 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 TO's

D. Strickland 0-2 for 2 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal

L. Mcdonald 3-5 for 7 points, 1 rebound, 0 assist, 1 TO's

K. Marshall 4-5 for 10 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 TO's

Isn't Lipscomb a division II school?

#9 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,605 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

unc backcourt vs. Lipscomb

L. Drew 0-3 for 4 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 TO's

D. Strickland 0-2 for 2 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal

L. Mcdonald 3-5 for 7 points, 1 rebound, 0 assist, 1 TO's

K. Marshall 4-5 for 10 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 TO's

Isn't Lipscomb a division II school?

yet another cool story, who knew bigcatdaddy was the only person on the planet that could read stats.....man what the fug would we do without you?

I never said Duke didn't have a good team, in fact I complimented Kyrie Irving in a previous thread saying that he is probably the best freshmen in the country....

You do realize if Duke doesn't win it all this year, that it will be the biggest letdown of a team in the past ten years? Same squad except you add Curry and Irving, and lose Scheyer. Put the kleenex box down and check back with me in March. No one won a national championship this weekend.

#10 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:43 AM

yet another cool story, who knew bigcatdaddy was the only person on the planet that could read stats.....man what the fug would we do without you?

I never said Duke didn't have a good team, in fact I complimented Kyrie Irving in a previous thread saying that he is probably the best freshmen in the country....

You do realize if Duke doesn't win it all this year, that it will be the biggest letdown of a team in the past ten years? Same squad except you add Curry and Irving, and lose Scheyer. Put the kleenex box down and check back with me in March. No one won a national championship this weekend.

I don't know that I would say that, unc losing in 2008 was the biggest letdown so far in this decade. They only lost 2 games that entire year and were the hands down favorite to win it all going into the tourney. KU barely beat Davidson to make it to the final four and then they routed the heels.

I am not saying that we won any kind of championship, I simply stated that our guards played incredible and I think it will be hard for just about any team to match up with our guards. I think Dawkins and Curry would start on almost any team in the country but they are coming off our bench. Stop getting your panties in a bunch, I was just shocked that we had four guards in double figures.:D

BTW you never answered me, does our backcourt scare you and do you really count the helms banner as a real title or is it really Duke 4 titles, and unc 5 titles? Just curious.

Edited by bigcatdaddy, 16 November 2010 - 08:47 AM.

#11 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:53 AM

We also lost Zoubek and Lance Thomas. That's 3 starters. I think Zoubek was a bigger loss than Scheyer. That being said i think this team might be better.

#12 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,605 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:10 AM

so how is that a greater disappointment- UNC was not the returning champions, didn't Kansas win it all that year?

Like I said make go ahead and make pointless threads about first game statistics but check back with me in March.

and it doesn't matter if that first championship counts because 5 is still greater than four

#13 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:33 AM

so how is that a greater disappointment- UNC was not the returning champions, didn't Kansas win it all that year?
Like I said make go ahead and make pointless threads about first game statistics but check back with me in March.

and it doesn't matter if that first championship counts because 5 is still greater than four

Umm, well unc was the favorite all year and going into the tournament, and they were 32-2 going into the tournament. It was a huge disappointment when a team that strolls through the regular season, ranked #1 the entire year and doesn't win it all. Like you said Duke has played 1 game but in your mind if they don't win it all it would be the biggest disappointment of the decade, that contradicts what you said about the first game stats. You are basing Duke being the biggest disappointment of the decade if they don't win the title off of one game but you are also saying it has only been one game so who cares about stats. FWIW Duke did lose 3 starters, including their leading scorer off of last years team, so last year doesn't matter.

Yeah I love it how the "Helms title" didn't matter until Duke started inching closer to the # of titles unc has and now you guys have 6 titles not 5. Duke will get #5 before unc gets #6.

#14 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,605 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

Umm, well unc was the favorite all year and going into the tournament, and they were 32-2 going into the tournament. It was a huge disappointment when a team that strolls through the regular season, ranked #1 the entire year and doesn't win it all. Like you said Duke has played 1 game but in your mind if they don't win it all it would be the biggest disappointment of the decade, that contradicts what you said about the first game stats. You are basing Duke being the biggest disappointment of the decade if they don't win the title off of one game but you are also saying it has only been one game so who cares about stats. FWIW Duke did lose 3 starters, including their leading scorer off of last years team, so last year doesn't matter.

Yeah I love it how the "Helms title" didn't matter until Duke started inching closer to the # of titles unc has and now you guys have 6 titles not 5. Duke will get #5 before unc gets #6.

No, duke is still expected to win, I just don't make pointless threads about one good game. You are comparing apples to oranges. If Duke loses one game this year they are still expected to win, yet I'm not going to make a stupid thread saying LOOK duke lost season over. If they don't win it all its a disappoint end of story. One game doesn't matter. Those statements do not contradict themselves. Now losing one game in the tournament does matter. :dupe:

#15 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:41 PM

Go Gators! :leaving:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com