Photo
- - - - -

Clausen vs Luck vs Young... who would you want??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
95 replies to this topic

#91 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:35 PM

the benefits that luck has over newton is the intelligence factor and the ability to learn. also there are all those 'intangibles' that make him stand out as a leader on the field. i haven't heard much in the way of newton not being a leader, but luck appears to have it all. luck can also run when he wants and he is not a small guy. sure, newton has a 2 inches on luck and 15 pounds, but luck can handle his own. we aren't talking about some little fragile dude like pike.

i would feel good about either guy, actually, but i feel a whole lot better about luck.

I really haven't heard anything negative about Newton's intelligence or intangibles so I don't know how much better Luck is in that category. As for size Luck is not small or thin for sure but isn't close to being as athletic or as strong as Newton.

With that being said I am not opposed to getting Luck as a draft pick. I am just not feeling that he is the only guy out there or that if we don't pick him we are totally screwed from picking a franchise guy.

#92 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

I really haven't heard anything negative about Newton's intelligence or intangibles so I don't know how much better Luck is in that category. As for size Luck is not small or thin for sure but isn't close to being as athletic or as strong as Newton.

Well, there were rumors of Newton ordering a term paper when at Florida, so why cheat???? that draws some red flags, Luck goes to Stanford and is said to have a photographic memory, Luck is smarter, that's easy to see.

Now that Young is released the question is easier to answer for some, BUT for me, it's the same, Young has potential, but i just dont see him as a good fit in Carolina, he will be on a short leash with Panther fans and would likely be given up on quickly if he doesnt show up. Luck has the brightest future and IF he goes to the draft, you have to pick him.

#93 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

Old poll, but doubt the results would be different now.

Who voted for Clausen, though? No disrespect, but... :skep:

#94 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:39 PM

Lol Nice Bump

Me=Right

Panther55= So wrong Lol!!!!

#95 DR_DIGH

DR_DIGH

Insta-poop!

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:53 PM

Absolutely NO to Vince Young. The dude is more emotional than a woman. You can bet that 1 out of 4 Sundays he is going to be crying about something. I vote for option B because the other two suck.

#96 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

HUDDLER

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

Luck is the clear cut best prospect available. The only thing you have to weigh is the MASSIVE deal you can get trading down and how confidant you are you can get a franchise QB elsewhere.