Photo
- - - - -

Don't want the TSA "invading your privacy? Don't fly..

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#1 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

According to Gallup, 71% feel the new TSA screening methods or whatever are "worth it" Only 27% oppose it, and I have news for those people. Go Greyhound. If you don't like it, ride the bus. Greyhound will only check your bag if it weighs over 10 lbs, and all they do is slap on a 5 dollar charge. And please believe, after someone blows up a Greyhound bus, they will start doing what Airports are doing. Flying isn't a right. I seriously doubt TSA agents want to fill up on fatass overweight American all day...at least their hearts in the right place.

Now, that being said, I'm so sick of hearing about this. I rarely watch any cable news anymore, but for the last week, this is whats been on the news. The "outrage" over the TSA. I even saw a story on Yahoo with this headline "Why Americans have turned against the TSA" People? What people? 27%? There shouldn't even be a debate. 70% of the American people agree on something. That is monumental as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.gallup.co....-Security.aspx

#2 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

I HATE IT SO MUCH I'LL MAKE A NEW THREAD!!

aaaa!

#3 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

According to Gallup, 71% feel the new TSA screening methods or whatever are "worth it" Only 27% oppose it, and I have news for those people. Go Greyhound. If you don't like it, ride the bus. Greyhound will only check your bag if it weighs over 10 lbs, and all they do is slap on a 5 dollar charge. And please believe, after someone blows up a Greyhound bus, they will start doing what Airports are doing. Flying isn't a right. I seriously doubt TSA agents want to fill up on fatass overweight American all day...at least their hearts in the right place.

Now, that being said, I'm so sick of hearing about this. I rarely watch any cable news anymore, but for the last week, this is whats been on the news. The "outrage" over the TSA. I even saw a story on Yahoo with this headline "Why Americans have turned against the TSA" People? What people? 27%? There shouldn't even be a debate. 70% of the American people agree on something. That is monumental as far as I'm concerned.

In a small way, I agree with you, but you do realize that most Americans don't fly on a regular basis. What percentage of people who fly on a regular basis are for these new procedures?

#4 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,182 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:49 PM

I honestly have no idea. The way I look at it, if you're going across the country, have deal with it. They aren't telling you to get naked, spread your ass and cough. If it ever got to that point, then I can understand the anger, but people are acting as if TSA agents actually WANT to do this crap. Most Americans are 250 pounds overweight...I doubt TSA agents dream at night about the next 58 year old woman they have going to fill on tomorrow..

#5 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

I for one am pretty excited about getting felt up. I'm not sure there is a better way to start a vacation.

#6 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:52 PM

So what do you say when buses, trains and malls are next. It's been announced you know?

#7 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:54 PM

Isn't that private property? Don't they have the right to set whatever standards they choose for the most part?

#8 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,804 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:55 PM

I haven't personally been thru one of these searches so I can't comment specifically... but in general I will say that you don't have to invade personal privacy to have security.

#9 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,182 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:56 PM

Malls? Nahh..thats going overboard, but trains and buses hell yes. I've rode the Bus before, and good lord I could have a bag with the word "BOMB" on it and the people will just roll their eyes..

If we can get those damn scans working then our entire society will be safer in general. The Pat Downs are so 1970's..

#10 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:59 PM

Malls? Nahh..thats going overboard,

Many said the same thing about airports in 1999.;)

Sporting events aren't too far away either.

#11 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

Isn't that private property? Don't they have the right to set whatever standards they choose for the most part?

So are airports...exactly why airports can opt-out of the TSA all together.

#12 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,182 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:02 PM

If we're patting people down in order for them to enter a Mall we're a police state at that point.

The cheap ass wand thingy is fine for now..

#13 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:04 PM

Malls? Nahh..thats going overboard, but trains and buses hell yes. I've rode the Bus before, and good lord I could have a bag with the word "BOMB" on it and the people will just roll their eyes..

If we can get those damn scans working then our entire society will be safer in general. The Pat Downs are so 1970's..

Being a 9/11 truther and for this makes 0 sense.

#14 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:04 PM

#15 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

That said, I am all for harassing Cowboys fans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.