Photo
- - - - -

Hurney and mortgaging the future...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
165 replies to this topic

#157 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:43 AM

Otah cost us a high 1st, 2nd and 4th so that was a bad trade.
Armanti? Ugghh.
Having wanted Clausen so bad, wouldn't surprise me to see him fug up this years first and do something less than brilliant.

My God, can you imagine if he used this years #1 to trade up for Clausen? :puke:

Very true, Otah is a bulldozer if he can stay healthy, but thats a lot to give up for anyone especially a mammoth O lineman. I cant even fathom what I would do if they traded our 1st overall for Clausen and the 33rd overall for Armanti, we might as well try to hire Al Davis

#158 DWill

DWill

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:01 AM

Armanti? Ugghh.
Having wanted Clausen so bad, wouldn't surprise me to see him fug up this years first and do something less than brilliant.

My God, can you imagine if he used this years #1 to trade up for Clausen? :puke:

This makes my stomach hurt to even think about and is really scary because I have no doubts it was close to happening.

#159 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:17 AM

Armanti? Ugghh.

God, why is it so damn hard to understand a trade.

Otah did not cost us a 1st, 2nd, and 4th in the trade.

We traded away a 2nd and 4th to move up.

#160 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

Wait, you claim that I am ignorant, but yet, I have asked you questions that you refuse to answer, but then you want me to answer your questions. Now whose the ignorant one that is scared to answer the questions? I love how you say "well lets turn this around" because you know you can not defend Luck, enough said.

Since I am not scared I will answer your fluff cake questions. In 08 Clausen carved up your Jim Harbaugh Standford team for 347 and 3tds. Also that same year he threw for 383 and 2tds against a UNC defense loaded with NFL talent. In 09 he threw for under 250yds only twice, while he picked apart that NFL loaded USC defense for 260 and 2tds, and once again spanking Jim Harbaughs defense for 340 and 5 tds. And Jimmy won his bowl game, cant say the same for Luck.

You want to claim that "ahhh these experts has Luck at #1 and were taking him" well hey genius, those same EXPERTS also had Jimmy as a top 10 pick last year, so what is your point?

And you obviously do not know football if you think a rookie QB can put a team on his back and carry them to victory, especially when your team is as atrocious as ours. How can you possibly believe that?

You say I'm ignorant but say "Luck would have probably done better then Jimmy this year" and you have absolutely nothing to back that up, IGNORANT.

Also Peyton Mannings rookie year he went 3-13, so should the colts have drafted Daunte Culpepper the following year with the 4th pick? Answer the question! Based off of your logic, what would be your answer. It's basically the same situation as Jimmy so lets see if all of a sudden you change your mind.

Now since I've answered your questions and smashed them, I expect you to answer all of the ones you have been to scared to answer, plus the one I just asked.

Only one "so-called expert" had Clausen as a top 10 pick The rest had bailed on him as a prospect much, much earlier.

#161 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:23 AM

This makes my stomach hurt to even think about and is really scary because I have no doubts it was close to happening.

actually the reason it didn't happen was because folks wanted a first and we wouldn't do it. People just thought w would because we did in the past. But this year wasn't about winning now so there was no pressure to pull the trigger.

#162 chknwing

chknwing

SUPPORTER

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:05 AM

ok with all that said. Why would this organization trade up to get Clausen, if they didn't think he was going to be their qb of the future. What makes you think they don't think that anymore. Dont be surprised when carolina doesnt draft Luck, trades down and gets an OL and WR.

#163 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:22 AM

:nonod:

from wiki

No. 19: Eagles to Panthers. Philadelphia traded its first-round selection to Carolina for Carolina's second- and fourth-round selections in 2008 (No. 43 and 109), and Carolina's first-round pick in 2009.

#164 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:27 AM

:nonod:

from wiki

sigh

we gave them a 2nd and 4th to swap 1sts

this isn't hard folks

#165 Sandy Claws

Sandy Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

sigh

we gave them a 2nd and 4th to swap 1sts

this isn't hard folks

We also got the pick a year early.

#166 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

Blazing Trails Thru the NFC South

HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:28 PM

We didn't move up. The Panthers used their 13th pick in 2008 on Jonathon Stewart.
They gave away their 2009 1st round pick and their 2008 2nd and 4th round picks to use the Eagles 2008 #19 pick in the 2008 draft.
Otah cost us a 1st, 2nd and 4th.