Photo
- - - - -

Illinios Governor arrested by Feds

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#16 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:21 PM

Oh, believe it or not, he made it CLEAR that his family was too good for living in Springfield, and that really cheezed the central and southern Illinoisans off, but it didn't matter.

He still won because of how crappy his competition was, and the demographic changes that are occuring here.

His approval rating spiked when he pushed thru CTA reforms and a Universal Health plan for kids (that is bankrupt), but anyone with a brain still considered him a douchebag phony.

#17 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,513 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:29 PM

<<<<<<--------Not shocked at this report:

ABC News has a law enforcement source telling them that Jesse Jackson, Jr. is "Senate Candidate Five," the one who was -- according to Blagojevich -- willing to supply campaign cash in exchange for the Senate seat.

(This, incidentally, doesn't strike me as all that unusual in politics, or as obviously criminal as other things in the complaint -- though the crudeness with which Blagojevich discussed it was.)

http://news.yahoo.co...olitico/27055_1

#18 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:32 PM

Jesse, Jesse Jr. and Hot Rod are tight.

No surprise.

The backpedaling and "I never really liked that guy" stuff is going to be hilarious.
Axelrod already started that yesterday with the 'I misspoke about Obama discussing the appointment with the Governor'.

Ha.

#19 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:04 PM

^ too funny about Jackson...but not at all surprising...I'm sure he get get tons of money from his old man's shakedown machine, Rainbow Push 'em around!

#20 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,324 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:17 PM

Now that the Democrats are in power, it will be them getting more and more of these stories. Its their turn to screw up. Two governors so far this year, I expect to see a few congress critters in trouble before to long.

#21 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,959 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:42 PM

Jesse, Jesse Jr. and Hot Rod are tight.

No surprise.

The backpedaling and "I never really liked that guy" stuff is going to be hilarious.
Axelrod already started that yesterday with the 'I misspoke about Obama discussing the appointment with the Governor'.

Ha.

Posted Image

The minute I laid eyes on him, I knew he was no good.

#22 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:20 PM

it was slightly bizarre to see CBS news nudging Obama toward a connection with Blowjobyavich. Poor guy hasn't even made it into office yet. The Pandora's box of piss on the prez at any point is probably going to upset Barry before this term is over.

#23 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,108 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:45 AM

It's probably only the beginning ....

#24 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:52 AM

In fairness, after reading prety much the entire indictment, it really seems like Hot Rod was conspiring mostly with himself.

Srsly.

The guy was delusional.

Shaking down my employer, Children's Memorial Hospital?
Does ANYONE do stuff like that?

We all know politicians, your favorite, my favorite, any of them ALL have to twist some arms and wheel and deal to get sh*t done.
Rod just couldn't figure out that you need to be subtle, quasi-legal, not ILLEGAL.

And you need to have your people do the dirty work, not you.
And when you KNOW you are being watched by the fed you need to start stfu-ing.

I doubt someone as savvy as Obama couldn't smell this guy as a delusional turd long ago.

As to the Jesse Jr. stuff.....I'm willing to bet that it wasn't Jesse Jr that was willing to play ball. Although a family member of his has a history of shaking the money tree....perhaps acting as his "emissary".......maybe without Jr's knowledge.

#25 VaginalWartPuss

VaginalWartPuss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:43 AM

Now that the Democrats are in power, it will be them getting more and more of these stories. Its their turn to screw up. Two governors so far this year, I expect to see a few congress critters in trouble before to long.

bingo. good to see the dems back on deffense for awhile. lol

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com