Photo
- - - - -

Good chance Clausen follows in Farves footsteps.

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:55 PM

despite what some people want to admit, clausen may not be the choice for the new HC, in which case we need to get who he wants.

he shouldn't be stuck with clausen just because clausen was drafted in the 2nd round the year before he got here.

Despite what some people want to admit, JR and Hurney (if he is here) may not hire a HC if he is unwilling to work with Clausen.

Not that I am saying they won't take Luck but I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't. There are other positions of need and IF there is a rookie wage scale then that #1 overall pick is going to be worth a TON.

#32 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:12 PM

Despite what some people want to admit, JR and Hurney (if he is here) may not hire a HC if he is unwilling to work with Clausen.

bingo.

people give head coaches waaay to much power.

the team has already been stripped to what it is now. it's at the starting point of what richardson wants to create. a new head coach is going to have to work with what's already here now.

#33 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,233 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:21 PM

Not that I am saying they won't take Luck but I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't. There are other positions of need and IF there is a rookie wage scale then that #1 overall pick is going to be worth a TON.

no coach is going to interview and claim he "won't work" w/ Clausen. Clausen will be somewhere on the depth chart simply b/c he is young and under contract.

new HCs simply always bring in their own QB to run their new offense. Only exceptions are the few Superbowl QBs that have been inherited in recent NFL history.

on top of history supporting the fact Clausen not being the "future". The kid has done nothing for someone to build an arguement that he would be the exception.

#34 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

Our FO watches the games, too.

If Clausen had shown anything at all to this point, I'd agree with the "new coach must stick with Clausen" thing. He hasn't. His progression has gone from trainwreck -> bad and there's not a thing on his film that even hints towards him becoming a franchise type of player. I mean, seriously:

1. He'll have to re-do his throwing motion. His mix of wind-up and low delivery point isn't going to cut it. Fun watching 300lb DTs jump 4 inches and spike the ball everywhere, though.

2. His Carr-esque terror of a pass rush.

3. Weak arm.

4. Playing it safe to the point of stupidity. I mean, it's awesome for him not to lob into triple coverage, but throwing it away on 3rd down with time running out and us down a couple of scores is fuging rage inducing.

Also, what coach who is worth a poo is going to agree come in with no input over the most important position on the field?

#35 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:15 PM

Clausen could light it up the rest of the season and knock us out of the Luck sweepstakes altogether. Of course if he does that, nobody but Notre Dame haters will still want to give up on him. I'm not predictin', I'm just sayin'

Yeah, that's what it is. We would all hate if he did well because he went to Notre Dame.

#36 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:26 PM

I think Zod would have to shut the board down if we had the #1 pick, Luck declared, and the Panthers traded down.

It'd be funny though.

#37 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,873 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

let me just predict that jimmy clausen will not get traded for a first, start for 15 years, win a super bowl and multiple MVPs, then text his dick to someone.

#38 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,873 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

Whatever, neither one of you two can afford condoms and that is the only reason you guys haven't been seen around each other.

that's not the reason at all. condoms are like rattlesnakes, I don't fug with them.

#39 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

let me just predict that jimmy clausen will not get traded for a first, start for 15 years, win a super bowl and multiple MVPs, then text his dick to someone.

Aye, he doesn't seem the type to text his dick to someone.

#40 BlanksKarma

BlanksKarma

Falcons Loser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:47 PM

Obviously we wont get a first round pick for jimmy, like Atlanta got when they traded Farve (HOW THE f**k?), but a low second maybe to Fox's new team? That's if we get Luck. Of course it would only be fair for the following of Bretts footsteps for Clausen to start looking like a franchise QB while Luck looks like the second coming of Ryan Leaf.

Atlanta got a 2nd round pick for the perv. Which they wasted on a bust LB.

Anyway, are you saying that Jimmy is going to have a HoF career like Favre?

#41 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:36 PM

no coach is going to interview and claim he "won't work" w/ Clausen. Clausen will be somewhere on the depth chart simply b/c he is young and under contract.

new HCs simply always bring in their own QB to run their new offense. Only exceptions are the few Superbowl QBs that have been inherited in recent NFL history.

on top of history supporting the fact Clausen not being the "future". The kid has done nothing for someone to build an arguement that he would be the exception.

Head Coaches don't sign the players, GMs do. And when a new GM/HC combo come in they almost always change QBs. But we're not getting a new GM...

#42 Carolinator

Carolinator

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:52 PM

Obviously we wont get a first round pick for jimmy, like Atlanta got when they traded Farve (HOW THE f**k?), but a low second maybe to Fox's new team? That's if we get Luck. Of course it would only be fair for the following of Bretts footsteps for Clausen to start looking like a franchise QB while Luck looks like the second coming of Ryan Leaf.

Jimmy Clausen just got here I don't think he's leaving anytime soon.

#43 CarolinaCatBrigade

CarolinaCatBrigade

She likes my Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:36 PM

Jimmy Clausen just got here I don't think he's leaving anytime soon.

This. Regardless of how Clausen has looked this season... you must remember he is still battling the pain in his toe from surgery. Footwork/Core is what you need to effectively pass the ball. He said 2 weeks ago it still bothered him. That ontop of a terrible O-Line has kept him from producing. But then you see Mike Goodson put up 100+ yards and he gets close to 200 passing. Not very flashy but I consider that an improvement. Also keep in mind, it took Troy Aikmen 3 years to finally "get it" as Steve Buerlein said during an interview. And 4 years to actually become good. Not comparing, just saying, you can't really judge Clausen... not behind that beat up O-Line in this worn out system known as Fox Ball.

With all that being said I'm a fan of Luck. But I'm also a believer in:

Time X Practice = Improvement.

In all honesty, if Hurney stays there is a slim chance we pick up Luck. We will most likely trade down to around pick 10 and then trade into the 1st round again (possibly, not putting all my eggs in one basket on that call).

#44 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:14 AM

Head Coaches don't sign the players, GMs do. And when a new GM/HC combo come in they almost always change QBs. But we're not getting a new GM...

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

#45 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,896 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:36 AM

Obviously we wont get a first round pick for jimmy, like Atlanta got when they traded Farve (HOW THE f**k?), but a low second maybe to Fox's new team?

This upcoming draft isn't looking all that great. It's topheavy in talent but outside of the top 10 it starts looking pretty weak. There's really not much difference in talent between a late 1st and a mid 2nd there.

Where as last year was one of the deepest drafts in years and numerous players that were considered by just about everyone as 1st round talents slipped into the 2nd, Clausen being one of them.

Basically what I'm saying is that while unlikely it's not completely out of the question that we get a late 1st rounder for Clausen, especially if he plays well down the stretch and continues to improve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.