• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#181 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:20 PM

LOL, choke TOB choke! You won't get this opportunity again once RW is gone.

#182 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:38 PM

LOL, choke TOB choke! You won't get this opportunity again once RW is gone.

I just don't get why people think that we are going to suck with Mike Glennon? Wilson has been a very good QB for us but I think Glennon can be just as effective in our scheme with Mustafa Greene emerging as a true #1 back next year. Russell threw AlOT of balls this year into coverage and while he usually made one play a game that Glennon couldn't make, Glennon is able to make more throws than Wilson for the simple fact that he doesn't have to move outside the pocket or start from the shotgun for every throw. I am excited with whoever we have at QB next year because Glennon knows this offense as well as Wilson and the only thing that he doesn't have is the ability to break off long runs. Wilson did that maybe once a game.

NC State is here to stay with or without Russell Wilson. Not disappointed with 8-4 just disappointed we didn't capitalize today when we had the chance.

But I'm glad that UNC fan thinks that Renner is going to give them a better chance to beat us than Yates. HA! Way to trash the best QB in your school's history.

#183 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:48 PM

I just don't get why people think that we are going to suck with Mike Glennon? Wilson has been a very good QB for us but I think Glennon can be just as effective in our scheme with Mustafa Greene emerging as a true #1 back next year. Russell threw AlOT of balls this year into coverage and while he usually made one play a game that Glennon couldn't make, Glennon is able to make more throws than Wilson for the simple fact that he doesn't have to move outside the pocket or start from the shotgun for every throw. I am excited with whoever we have at QB next year because Glennon knows this offense as well as Wilson and the only thing that he doesn't have is the ability to break off long runs. Wilson did that maybe once a game.

NC State is here to stay with or without Russell Wilson. Not disappointed with 8-4 just disappointed we didn't capitalize today when we had the chance.

But I'm glad that UNC fan thinks that Renner is going to give them a better chance to beat us than Yates. HA! Way to trash the best QB in your school's history.

So Glennon should've started? Actually I expect Wilson to return, because his baseball career is not exactly on the upswing. BTW, Walmart is roling back prices on those " I LOVE TOB" t-shirts.

#184 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,799 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:13 AM

So Glennon should've started? Actually I expect Wilson to return, because his baseball career is not exactly on the upswing. BTW, Walmart is roling back prices on those " I LOVE TOB" t-shirts.

lol a carolina fan making a joke about walmart

#185 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,586 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:30 AM

lol @ Wolfpack fans talking about refereeing. Pardon me if I chuckle at that one.

#186 Carolinator

Carolinator

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:46 AM

lol @ Wolfpack fans talking about refereeing. Pardon me if I chuckle at that one.

Weren't you one of those tarheels fans talking about refs too?

#187 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:53 AM

lol a carolina fan making a joke about walmart

That was the point or should I have said "tractor supply"?

#188 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,586 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:12 AM

Weren't you one of those tarheels fans talking about refs too?

Yep...and I caught so much crap for it. So this is basically the pot calling the kettle black.

#189 Carolinator

Carolinator

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:47 AM

Yep...and I caught so much crap for it. So this is basically the pot calling the kettle black.

racist? lol

#190 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:36 AM

All I'm saying is that I'm extremely satisfied at this point with either Glennon or Wilson. There are pros and cons to both. I think that Glennon has a stronger arm and is able to open up the passing playbook more because he's able to see over the line in a traditional dropback. Russell does this thing where he bounces up and down to "make himself taller" but a lot of his throws are standing still which kind of bothers me. Him not being able to see over the line essentially forces him out of the pocket. If you watch him his best throws are out of sets that move a few blockers to his left or right to keep defenders off of him so he has separation from the line (so he doesn't have to try and see over them).

So basically from what I've seen..Glennon isn't as mobile but he's a more pure passer. Not to mention the fact that he goes through spring training as opposed to missing it every year for baseball.

But if Russell comes back I like the added dimension he gives us running the ball. So like I said...I'm confident we will be a good team again next year with either of those guys running the team. As long as we have Dana Bible running the offense we will score points.

Thats like an oxymoron to try and say that NCSU gets calls. Not saying we should have beaten UM today (we played terrible for all but 1.3 quarters). But that call at the end was dead wrong and if you can't see that then you are just so opposed to anything pro NC State that its blinding rational thinking.

#191 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:28 AM

LOL at UNC fans LOL at State.

#192 Goosfraba21

Goosfraba21

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:55 AM

lol

http://www.facebook....02096930&v=wall

#193 Goosfraba21

Goosfraba21

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:05 AM

Posted Image

#194 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,640 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:00 PM

Posted Image

Haha, this is hilarious. Not the picture, but NC State's reaction to this. Sure blame the ref. Nevermind the D that let the Terps air it out over you the entire second half. Yes, he screwed you out of a chance to get a comeback (with 48 seconds left to get a Touchdown just to force overtime). Not his fault that State put itself in the position to need a comeback.

Face it, Maryland beat you. Don't take that away from them because a ref blew one call. Scapegoat the ref all you like, doesn't change the fact that you got outplayed.

Go Terps!

#195 Goosfraba21

Goosfraba21

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:04 PM

I don't blame the loss on the refs for one second. State flat out played like poo. Cherry did rob us of that chance and that is bs. 48 seconds in college football is plenty of time to drive the field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.