• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#46 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:05 AM

Seriously, you can tell who owns a number 34 jersey here.

#47 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:06 AM

Last three games; 275 yards rushing, 125 yards receiving.

:( I wish we would have had enough creativity at the start of the season to utilize him, Dwill and Smith the right way with all of them on the field at the same time, with some unpredictable play calling that would have defenses scratching their head.

#48 blackcat

blackcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:06 AM

First off you are almost certainly mentally handicapped.

Age is a factor Williams will be 28 at the start of next season very close to the terrible "30" that backs hit... Stewart and Goodson will both be just 24.

Actually smash n gash, I am mentally handicapped, but that didn't deter your mother when we made you. 34 has been lightly used, although has had injuries, but should have more staying power than your average back. That bring said, he's a special talent, not 'special like me', that should be kept at all cost. Kiss your mother good night before I do.....

#49 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:10 AM

Both our active running backs are better than either of the backs currently starting for the Chargers and Packers. Those teams havent missed a beat because they have great QB play, so they can just plug in a guy and keep rolling. When you consider that and the depth we already have at rb, why are our fans overvaluing the RB position? Could it be because Williams, while no doubt a very good player, is everyones favorite? Probably.

I'll say this is a big reason. It's the same reason why we still hear BS about Jake...D-Will is a very likable guy. Also, you have to add in the fact D-Will is probably the best example of Fox s***ing on rookies for veterans.

D-Will is my favorite player on the team, but I'm pretty sure he's gone next year. More than likely, he will walk for free as well. Goodson and Stewart will both be young and cheap on their rookie contracts.

#50 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:13 AM

LOL people are throwing around words like "special" and "rare" in regards to Williams and claiming hes gonna be the exception to the rule in regards to RBs breaking down when they turn 30 simply because hes their favorite player on their favorite team. He's good, not god.

#51 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:31 AM

LOL people are throwing around words like "special" and "rare" in regards to Williams and claiming hes gonna be the exception to the rule in regards to RBs breaking down when they turn 30 simply because hes their favorite player on their favorite team. He's good, not god.

well the difference with Williams is that yeah, he is approaching 30, but he doesn't have the same workload that other running backs have. I think Chris Johnson almost has the same amount of carries that Williams has and Chris Johnson is in his 3rd year.

the way I see it is when your offense is as bad as the Panthers is this season, you simply don't let one of your only play makers walk. Goodson is a type of player than can be utilized as more than just a running back, so why let DWill walk when you could potentially have both of them on the field at the same time?

I'm definitely a Williams fan, and I hope he stays, but I'll understand if they let him walk. I don't think it would hurt the team that badly letting him walk; I do however think it would help the team by keeping him.

#52 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,588 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:23 AM

34 has been lightly used, although has had injuries, but should have more staying power than your average back.

when everything is said and done, williams will have missed 16 games under his current contract.

that's a lot of games for a lightly used running back to miss. your average back has a heavier workload and misses less time.

Edited by number28, 29 November 2010 - 01:28 AM.

#53 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:31 AM

I'm not concerned about DeAngelo's "injury history" in the slightest.
The guy has only had two "major" career injuries-neither of which were all that major.
One came before his new "Testaverde" workout regiment, and the other one, this seasons, isn't a big deal.
If we were 6-4 the guy would be out there helping us fight for a playoff spot right now.
I'm not concerned. I don't think Stewart's been to single TC practice his entire career because of "injury" and he's fine (supposedly)

D'lo's a special Back, and I'd like to hang onto him.
Will that be in our best interests? Don't know. But we'll see what the team does.
It certainly wouldn't be in our best interests to just let him walk.

#54 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:27 AM

Sutton has 7 carries this year and no fumbles, the roster is an unforgiving mistress.

No idea why I typed Sutton.

Obviously it was Goodson getting Jimmy killed yesterday.

Edited by Delhommey, 29 November 2010 - 08:29 AM.

#55 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,834 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

That play with like 30 seconds left, where he trotted down the field and never gave up... Brilliant.

#56 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:17 PM

First, DWill IS getting close to 30. And while he may not have had as many touches as someone like CJ has in the NFL, DWill ran a TON in college for 4 years. I mean, a TON. He's took hits, and a lot of them. He's a great back, but he isn't "special". If he was special, he would have made crazy plays this year regardless (I.E. Special = Barry Sanders with no team his whole career). Like someone said, he's still top 10.

That being said, I'm only for losing DWill/Trading him if A) Compensation is right, or B) We intend to use that money to fix other positions like the Oline/Dline, etc. If not, I sad we try to keep him.

The issue though with keeping Stew over Dwill, if it comes to that, is Stew is really injury prone. Think about the games he's been a Panther WITHOUT some kind of injury, I can't. We drafted him with an injury. Him and Otah came to our team beat up.

So if Stew gets hurt, and we don't have DWill, we're stuck with Sutton/Goodson. I haven't seen enough of Sutton to know if he can bash opponents like we need, and stay healthy.

I'm really excited about a new coaching staff. I think if we use a 2 back set with DWill/Stew out there with Goodson it's going to be a pain for defenses. More screens to Goodson, he's almost a Westbrook type guy that makes things happen. Yesterday's game showed his heart, just NOT going down on that play. He could literally be our #2 receiver while the young guys develop, if we use him correctly.

#57 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,133 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:37 PM

Everyone dose know he was placed on IR this season so the panthers have leverage to resign him right???? He would have only been out 3 weeks... If anyone gets traded it will be Stewart. Goodson is young and Dwill is a better RB than Stewart. He is a core player like it or not.

#58 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:40 PM

Everyone dose know he was placed on IR this season so the panthers have leverage to resign him right???? He would have only been out 3 weeks... If anyone gets traded I will be Stewart. Goodson is young and Dwill is a better RB than Stewart. He is a core player like it or not.

in 2 seasons (2012) Stewart > Williams.

A Goodson/Stewart combo makes more sense if you have to lose part of Double Trouble.

#59 KatsAzz

KatsAzz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:44 PM

I am wondering if it would be possible to place the franchise tag on RB DeAngelo Williams and trade him for draft picks? Or, would we be better off trading Stewart,or just keeping them both.

If we decided to trade either Williams or Stewart,what do you think their trade value would be?Thoughts.....

I see some of my questions have already been answered by several.

Edited by KatsAzz, 29 November 2010 - 03:51 PM.

#60 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,356 posts
  • LocationShotgun Shack

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:01 PM

With both Stew and DeAngelos injury rate being what it has been the last two years- we ought to be keeping both of them along with goodson and suttton

of course with a pass first coach which we may wind up with it might not work out that way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com