Photo
- - - - -

Think there will be a rookie cap next off season?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:48 PM

If there's no rookie cap, It's pretty much a 100% chance that Luck comes out, right?

Who would pass up a record breaking contract for an extra year in college? :confused:

#2 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:20 AM

I think that both players and owners agree that there needs to be some sort of rookie wage scale

#3 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,816 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:42 AM

rookie cap won't make a difference on him coming out. threat of injury or slipping in the rankings will hurt him more than cap or no cap.

he doesn't have anything to gain by staying if a rookie cap is in place.

#4 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:46 AM

What I am curious about is what happens if it is mid-summer or even mid-season that a CBA is reached? Assuming a Rookie cap is in place would the draft picks of the 11' draft be paid based on it or would it start for the 12' draft? I love Luck and all but can you imagine the contract he would demand right now.

#5 MattB

MattB

Project QB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:11 AM

From Andrew Brandt.

Will rookies get paid less with the new CBA? --Bill R.

Yes, certainly at the top of the Draft. Sam Bradford was the last bonus baby in the history of top picks in the NFL. Bradford can max out at about $78 million. The next top draft pick in the NFL will probably max out at about $20-25 million.
http://www.nationalf....lbag-3858.html

#6 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:10 AM

From Andrew Brandt.

That sucks for the rookies but I also think 1st round picks contracts will only be 4 (or was it 3 cant remember) years. So if they actually live up to the hype it will only take a couple of years till when they'll able to renegotiate. Now I think more teams will be willing to gamble on big time talent that they wouldn't in years past because if they bust it wouldn't cripple the team for 3 or 4 years. Also trades into the top 5 will be far more prevalent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.