#1 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,802 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:16 PM

http://carolinagrowl...atid=1:articles

Gamble was in the building last Wednesday hours before practice was to start, but got upset over critique of his performance during a team meeting and decided to skip practice. Sources said issues off the field also led to that abrupt decision. Coach John Fox attributed Gamble's absence from practice to “personal reasons.”

In the game prior to walking out of practice, Gamble gave up a long touchdown pass to Baltimore’s T.J. Houshmandzadeh on the second play of the game.

-lol that was Godfrey's fault too

When asked if it was a disagreement between him and coach John Fox, Brown added, “To be honest, I really don't know. I didn't know that he missed practice until about halfway through practice when I said, 'Where's Gam?' Obviously, I approached him just to make sure he was OK mentally because you never know what's going on in somebody's life outside of football. Once he said he was good, that was pretty much the end of it there

- hope everything is alright, this season must be rough on all the vets, but the last thing this team needs is implosion from its few veteran leaders, god I feel like Smitty is a ticking timebomb

Edited by Panthers8192, 01 December 2010 - 06:22 PM.

#2 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:19 PM

Really weird. Gamble was always known for being the quiet non emotional type, so to have him react in this way is a touch out of character.

Having said that our players still seem pretty determined to play for each other. We aren't losing due to lack of heart or effort...

#3 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:20 PM

sounds like he does have other stuff going on. People are allowed to have bad days....that would include NFL players.

that is one thing about Foxy players have to like....he could have easily called Gamble out and I would say a large percentage of coaches would have.

#4 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 7,787 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:21 PM

Losing brings out the worst in people.

#5 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 8,802 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:23 PM

sounds like he does have other stuff going on. People are allowed to have bad days....that would include NFL players.

that is one thing about Foxy players have to like....he could have easily called Gamble out and I would say a large percentage of coaches would have.

I one hundred percent agree

#6 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:25 PM

I don't blame him. Frustration is inevitable with a season like this. He probably apologized when he came back.

#7 mvp2011

mvp2011

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:26 PM

well if he doesnt start shutting someone down he needs to walk out on this contract

#8 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 8,802 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:27 PM

I don't blame him. Frustration is inevitable with a season like this. He probably apologized when he came back.

he did according to E. Brown

#9 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,397 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:30 PM

If he has some issues he needs to get some help ASAP. otherwise its kind of hard to feel sorry him the way hes been playing lately, considering that fat contract he got.

#10 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

If he has some issues he needs to get some help ASAP. otherwise its kind of hard to feel sorry him the way hes been playing lately, considering that fat contract he got.

well, we don't know Gamble and what he has going on. It is hinted he has off field stuff going on....with something in life there is no "help". You just have to get through them. No way to guess what he has going on right now.

#11 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,209 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:40 PM

Another sign that a mutual split from Fox is best. Even if the guys are playing/fighting hard, it's not because of Fox, it's personal pride. All the years we've questioned whether players have given up on Fox, or if he lost the locker room - this proves he has.

#12 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 16,520 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

How the hell did Gamble get blamed for Godfreys f**k up? He released TJ to the Safety, all CBs do that. Godfrey just sucks.

#13 AceMan

AceMan

Chief Prosecutor

• HUDDLER
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:46 PM

How the hell did Gamble get blamed for Godfreys f**k up? He released TJ to the Safety, all CBs do that. Godfrey just sucks.

That's prolly a big reason why he walked out. Cuz he was getting unjustified blame.

#14 PandaMan

PandaMan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:49 PM

When asked if it was a disagreement between him and coach John Fox, Brown added, “To be honest, I really don't know. I didn't know that he missed practice until about halfway through practice when I said, 'Where's Gam?' Obviously, I approached him just to make sure he was OK mentally because you never know what's going on in somebody's life outside of football. Once he said he was good, that was pretty much the end of it there

You forgot to mention that after this happened, Everette got so excited he exploded in a flurry of spin moves

#15 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,741 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

Another sign that a mutual split from Fox is best. Even if the guys are playing/fighting hard, it's not because of Fox, it's personal pride. All the years we've questioned whether players have given up on Fox, or if he lost the locker room - this proves he has.

It will be interesting to see next year. We hear how Fox gets them up to play and they play for him, but will the new coach be able to do that? As much as a new coach could go a long way for the overall team, there has to be some that will say, f the new guy.

Edited by Jangler, 01 December 2010 - 07:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.