Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Current 1st round draft postions

29 posts in this topic

Posted

If I hear one more person talk about trading down I am going to send a virus to this entire forum so that such idiotic comments can no longer be made. If we get the #1 pick WE ARE NOT TRADING DOWN. There is no way in hell that we pass on Andrew Luck...get it through your dimwitted skulls that Jimmy Clausen BLOWS and we need a QB more than any other position.

QBs = MVPs THEY WIN GAMES...Not DTs, Not DEs, Not DBs, Not LBs, Not RBs...QBS!

Has anyone heard if Hurney has come out and said we are looking to trade down or not?

Posted

If Clausen lights it up...we won't have the #1 pick and therefore cannot get Luck if he comes out...

...Don't worry, Clausen won't light it up

Posted

Has anyone heard if Hurney has come out and said we are looking to trade down or not?

Damn you..

Posted

This guy disagrees.

a1807a42a1108d53504c2649062912d7.jpg

Without Rivers, the Charger's would basically be garbage..

Posted

Without Rivers, the Charger's would basically be garbage..

They're not too far from garbage with Rivers..

BUTT ALL W3 N33dz iz A AWsuM QB AnD WE be l33t!! I JUSS WANZ MY FOOSBALL TO EXCLTE MeH wHeN I W4TCH!!!

Posted

They're not too far from garbage with Rivers..

BUTT ALL W3 N33dz iz A AWsuM QB AnD WE be l33t!! I JUSS WANZ MY FOOSBALL TO EXCLTE MeH wHeN I W4TCH!!!

No, the chargers are above average with Rivers.

Rivers is literally that team right now and has been for the past few years.

If he actually had a good team around him Rivers would be a 3 time super bowl champ.

Getting a good QB has nothing to do with "exciting", it has a lot to do with us winning

Posted

Responding to earlier inquiry, if we trade down, it doesn't mean we have confidence in Clausen. It only means we get alot of picks, plus a QB. Even if Luck turns out to be the best QB in the history of the NFL, I would rather have the best team in the history of the NFL. Newton, Mallett, McElroy are all good second choices with our run heavy and great defensive style of play. We just need the players to fill in the blanks, and you get that with draft picks.

Posted

Responding to earlier inquiry, if we trade down, it doesn't mean we have confidence in Clausen. It only means we get alot of picks, plus a QB. Even if Luck turns out to be the best QB in the history of the NFL, I would rather have the best team in the history of the NFL. Newton, Mallett, McElroy are all good second choices with our run heavy and great defensive style of play. We just need the players to fill in the blanks, and you get that with draft picks.

McElroy?

Posted

If we took Flacco a couple years ago instead of the FO hanging all their hopes on Jake, we could've had the luxury of trading down next year.

Posted

if Clausen somehow lights it up in his remaining games, then we can talk about a trade. right now... that seems unlikely.

You'd be surprised how many coaches think to themselves "Sure, that guy sucked before, but with me coaching him..."

The ego of a professional head coach is rarely a small thing.

Posted

If we took Flacco a couple years ago instead of the FO hanging all their hopes on Jake, we could've had the luxury of trading down next year.

If we had taken flacco we wouldn't be 1-11

Posted

I just wish we can develop QBs for once. Haven't had a real stat machine at QB since Beuerlein.

edit: Also oh shi-.. looking back. When we let Beuerlein go (Let Jake go) and tried to stick with young QB Talent in Weinke and that other guy (Clausen and Incumbent Moore), we ended up going 1-15.