I would be happy with this situation

#452 Method

Method

Your argument is invalid

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:02 PM

I don't want McNabb. He's on the decline. If Luck doesn't come out this year, I like the Kolb suggestion. I know he won't be a Free Agent, but he's young and still has some upside. Or possibly even a look at Matt Flynn (Green Bay). He looked pretty impressive in his first start @NE of all places.

#453 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:02 PM

Can someone with the power correct the spelling on the thread title please? If Jim checks here and we cannot spell his name or keep calling him John, he will not want to come here.

#454 Erik Stall

Erik Stall

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:03 PM

Kolb is another one I'd like to have here, but I think he'd cost a lot more and I'm not sure Philadelphia is ready to give him up.

#455 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,525 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:05 PM

Don't misunderstand me, I don't think Smith is a long term solution. I want Luck. But the only thing McNabb has over Smith at this point in his career is his experience. But that may be cancelled out by feeling disrespected again if and when Luck outplays him.

I don't think Smith would be a good mentor personally, just because I think he will be looking for a fresh start. McNabb has disadvantages too but he is the most seasoned veteran.

He wasn't benched because Orton outplayed him btw.

#456 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:06 PM

seriously, get off the Alex Smith thing. nothing you can say will make him any better. Dude sucks.

#457 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,386 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:14 PM

step 5: ????????
step 6: Profit

you know what i am talking about...lol

#458 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:15 PM

Theres no question we will bring in a vet. But don't think you can keep getting buy without drafting a franchise QB and signing vets year after year. Ask Minnesota, and us.

#459 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:17 PM

I'm not an opponent of Luck, or a proponent, nor dor our opinions mattter anyway, but...

for the sake of argument here's what I would do;

1- Trade away first pick for as much as you can get

2- Trade/sign Sage Rosenfels to be our vet QB/stop gap starter

3- Draft Greg McElroy in the 3rd or 4th (with extra acquired picks) and let him ride the pine with pickles next year.

4- Use extra picks on Oline, Dline, and CB

#460 Erik Stall

Erik Stall

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:18 PM

seriously, get off the Alex Smith thing. nothing you can say will make him any better. Dude sucks.

You act like I'm in love with the kid. All I'm saying is he doesn't suck just because you're typing words on a message board. You've asked me if I've watched him. Have YOU? Or have you just gone along with the media and looked at stats here and there?

Just agree to disagree and move on.

I don't think Smith would be a good mentor personally, just because I think he will be looking for a fresh start. McNabb has disadvantages too but he is the most seasoned veteran.

He wasn't benched because Orton outplayed him btw.

Sexy Rexy, but I know what you're talking about. But it's not as if McNabb was lighting the world on fire in Washington anyway. You make a good point about Smith as well.

Either way, I think it's painfully obvious that there aren't too many viable options out there if Luck doesn't come out. It's either a reach or look at some other team's rejects.

#461 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:19 PM

I'm not an opponent of Luck, or a proponent, nor dor our opinions mattter anyway, but...

for the sake of argument here's what I would do;

1- Trade away first pick for as much as you can get

2- Trade/sign Sage Rosenfels to be our vet QB/stop gap starter

3- Draft Greg McElroy in the 3rd or 4th (with extra acquired picks) and let him ride the pine with pickles next year.

4- Use extra picks on Oline, Dline, and CB

I like stock piling picks. but if we trade for a QB, I hope we can do better than Sage, all I can think about when I hear his name is the helicopter fumble

#462 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:20 PM

#463 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:21 PM

Who says its about fixing the QB slot?

As has been said about pinning so much on Luck when he hasn't done jack in the NFL, "the bigger the risk the greater the reward".

If the talk of Luck pans out & he's P. Manning or better, they'll get a few weeks of "How could you not have seen this coming? Lol!" & then their rants will be forgotten in a flurry of great QB play.

If he's just good, (7-9, 9-7) & it takes a few seasons to get great, they can start with "Ooo looky! Teh sav-yar!:rolleyes: " but build into "hey we may have a star here!" If their current rants are brought up, they get to say "yeah but I'm looking at an NFL QB, not a sophomore who hasn't finished 2 seasons yet."

If he's a bust, years... YEARS of "I told you! I'm one of the only reals fanses here! I know football better than alls yas! Shoulda been the black guy!"

In short, bitchin is fun.

#464 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:30 PM

It feels good to be the team 'on the clock'

#465 KARASMATIC444

KARASMATIC444

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:38 PM

i would like to know who the coach is, and then look for a vet QB that understands the offense we are going to be using. but that is if we go for a vet qb. if we can get Luck fine thats good, but if we cant and we decide to go DT or something in the 1st, or trade down and grab a QB later, while adding picks. then it might make since to get a vet QB with experience in or new system..i think if we could get Jeff Garcia off the couch if we go west coast offense then that would be ideal, he would understand what needs to be done to succeed, and understand he wont be the number 1...i think that wouldnt be a bad idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com