Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:38 PM

sign Peyton manning

he obviously doesn't want to be a colt nex year and wants to go to the worst team in the nfl

#467 TarPanther9180

TarPanther9180

Ready for football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:39 PM

Why can't we have our pie and eat it too? Draft Luck and trade up to get Newton. Then we run some badass double wildcat formation.

#468 TarPanther9180

TarPanther9180

Ready for football

• HUDDLER
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:40 PM

Oh yeah, the 49ers can eat poo. I still remember hating them back in the old NFC West days.

#469 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:40 PM

Chargers - Giants kind of set the standard when Eli came out. Add another draft pick or two based on their draft position this year.

#470 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,726 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:42 PM

Peyton Manning, yes.

#471 AceMan

AceMan

Chief Prosecutor

• HUDDLER
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

OL excuse is weak unless you want some new starters and not depth.

Like I say in every thread where someone mentions A.J. Green...if we select him, you must also be comfortable with trading Smitty or getting rid of AE.

The alternatives just isn't good enough for us to rationally NOT pick Luck or Newton

#472 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

There's you some pie to eat. Watch out though, Darth may be lurking around and eat it

#473 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,277 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:52 PM

So yesterday, I was listening to the local crappy sports programming on the radio in the car as my wife was getting something to eat on 99.9 The Fan in the RDU area... Anyway, these two guys that host the afternoon show Joe Ovius and some other guy that know nothing about football have Mick Mixon on as a guest pretty frequently.

Well, they asked him what did he think being that we wrapped up the #1 pick and should we address the QB situation.

Of course, he offered the disqualifier that "from the press box" in his mind, how could we not look at the QB situation with that first pick? He pretty much said everything he could to suggest QB is a problem area without letting go of the company line.

He went on to say that if we pass up on Luck if he declares, and another team gets him and he goes onto be the next Peyton Manning, then people lose their jobs over stuff like that. But, if we take him and he's a miss, then it sets your franchise back for 3 or 4 more years, IIRC.

But, then he threw in this interesting nugget - he said he knows some people out on the west coast with some "insider" info on Luck, and said that he really thinks he's gonna be the next big one at QB. He said his guys out there told him that Luck has pretty much changed the Stanford offense as the season has progressed. He said he heard that Luck calls many of his own plays on the field, and has actually created variations of existing plays because he's so intelligent/aware on the field and because his skill set has opened up plays further that they already had, or something like that. He also said that Harbaugh's offensive system is pretty extensive and that Luck has obviously mastered that from the stuff I just mentioned.

It was one of the few times I've ever heard Mixon speak and gotten something out of it, so I just thought I'd share, lol.

#474 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:56 PM

What about Bradford and Freeman?

Brafford has a coach that does nothing but goes over plays with him after every series and Im not talking the QB coach. Brafford also isnt using the whole playbook no rookie QB does. Clausen is running alot of plays and I think that is one reason he struggle. If we did get Luck I expect the new Head Coach to run a small playbook for him. It will be 2 years before he will be ready to run the team like Manning or Brady.

We will rely alot on the running game and defense the first season.

#475 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:57 PM

Plain and simple with a elite QB you have a chance in everygame. Your oline can be bad (A Rodgers) you can have no running game (T Brady) or a bad Def. (P manning). You still have a chance too win.

With a game mang. everything has too be going right good def. great running game. Special teams plays made. People we are in a division where every other team looks like they have a star QB but us.

#476 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:58 PM

News Flash, Luck would have looked like shit this year under center for the panthers.

#477 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,278 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

News Flash, Luck would have looked like poo this year under center for the panthers.

we have a winner......

#478 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 14,736 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

Adam Gold (the other guy you were referring to) is one of the dumbest f**ckers on the radio.. I've never heard a radio personality get tripped up by fans more than this guy.. I guess it doesn't help that he has no fuging clue as to what he's talking about 90% of the time.

#479 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:04 PM

Good insight. Thanks for the post. Sounds interesting, as I read things, or as the board discusses, I really do think Harbaugh and Luck will be a package deal this time, maybe not forever, but for the forseeable future, nothing like making a rookie comfortable than bringing his HC and the offense he runs to the next level.

#480 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,766 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:07 PM

my asshole is hurting. lets make a poll on the cause.

I'll take a guess....a pole?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.