Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCP

Real Men of Genius -DrewBreesIsGod

396 posts in this topic

I'm a farce because I vacation with my family every year? I've been traveling abroad since age 5, you're first time leaving the country was 3 years ago to go visit 21 countries of which 17-18 are 3rd world countries most people wouldn't even want to go to. I read some of your travel blogs and you talk bout trading farm labor in rice paddies for a place to stay and staying in stinky hostels where you get a cot for a few bucks. Most people would travel to Europe or Caribbean or some other very nice place to get some rest, relaxation, take in sites, see historical sites, work of art, etc. Who wants to go to the asshole of Asia to do hard labor with a bunch of poor people in exchange for a mud floor hut? I might not have visited as many countries when it was just me and my friends, but I definitely spent more on just my trip to Dubai than you did on all your traveling put together. And we do many things other than sit at hotel, in Dubai we rented Dune Buggies and drove out to a bedouin camp in the middle of the dessert where they had traditional food, music, belly dancing, camels, etc. We also took in a famous plate auction at the Berj, then went powerboat racing. In Cost Rica we did river rapids, we camped a week under Volcan Arenal and got to see it exploding every night glowing red, we did scuba diving right off the coast.. In contrast, your wal-mart on the cheap vacation I'm sure involved a lot of walking, sweating, talking to poor and very little actual fun experiences. Lol, you didn't even take you first trip out the country till 3 years ago but call yourself " nomadic vagabond", you're the Farce!

this is the most nauseating thing i've ever read.

2 people like this

i began traveling four years ago because of a great existential crisis and a need to find my own identity and answers to the universe's greatest questions, a quest which led me to sell everything i owned (a pittance, i will confess) and travel one-way to another land and live out of a backpack for months. it was a bohemian existence and, in retrospect, the best life i've ever led.

you travel because mom burped you out of her vagina and decided to haul you around to places. traveling was not borne out of a desire in your soul, or any individual agency on your part, it was born by you becoming a piece of luggage, by no will of your own, from age five. and i think the fact that you assign value to "unique cultural experiences" like "driving to a bedouin camp in the middle of the desert where they have traditional stuff" is even more tragic because you think that your experience was not a contrived tourist trap in cahoots with the luxury hotel through which you doubtlessly booked it.

you're an empty hawaiian shirt, alejandro.

5 people like this

Damn Alice, I probably have less money than Phil, yet you've only been one place I havent been. If your travel list is complete, I've been to at least a half a dozen places you haven't been.

So taking a young child around the world and exposing him to different cultures, learning multiple languages, learning other traditional customs, etc is suddenly a bad thing!? 

nice strawman. undoubtedly a desperate attempt to shed the stench and reek of manufactured authenticity which so fully permeates you

So taking a young child around the world and exposing him to different cultures, learning multiple languages, learning other traditional customs, etc is suddenly a bad thing!? Maybe that's why you felt so lost and had such an identity crisis because you hadn't been exposed to anything other than a little sheltered existence in NASCAR country!? You act like just because my family is wealthy we only sit go to resorts and sit by the pool all day, yet it couldn't be further than the truth.

You're a full colostomy bag, Phillip

lol weren't you sucking your own penis a few pages ago because you're in a high tax bracket and ostensibly help the poorfags put a roof over their heads

edit:

quoted the wrong post

I'm a farce because I vacation with my family every year? I've been traveling abroad since age 5, you're first time leaving the country was 3 years ago to go visit 21 countries of which 17-18 are 3rd world countries most people wouldn't even want to go to. I read some of your travel blogs and you talk bout trading farm labor in rice paddies for a place to stay and staying in stinky hostels where you get a cot for a few bucks. Most people would travel to Europe or Caribbean or some other very nice place to get some rest, relaxation, take in sites, see historical sites, work of art, etc. Who wants to go to the asshole of Asia to do hard labor with a bunch of poor people in exchange for a mud floor hut? I might not have visited as many countries when it was just me and my friends, but I definitely spent more on just my trip to Dubai than you did on all your traveling put together. And we do many things other than sit at hotel, in Dubai we rented Dune Buggies and drove out to a bedouin camp in the middle of the dessert where they had traditional food, music, belly dancing, camels, etc. We also took in a famous plate auction at the Berj, then went powerboat racing. In Cost Rica we did river rapids, we camped a week under Volcan Arenal and got to see it exploding every night glowing red, we did scuba diving right off the coast.. In contrast, your wal-mart on the cheap vacation I'm sure involved a lot of walking, sweating, talking to poor and very little actual fun experiences. Lol, you didn't even take you first trip out the country till 3 years ago but call yourself " nomadic vagabond", you're the Farce!

i began traveling four years ago because of a great existential crisis and a need to find my own identity and answers to the universe's greatest questions, a quest which led me to sell everything i owned (a pittance, i will confess) and travel one-way to another land and live out of a backpack for months. it was a bohemian existence and, in retrospect, the best life i've ever led.

you travel because mom burped you out of her vagina and decided to haul you around to places. traveling was not borne out of a desire in your soul, or any individual agency on your part, it was born by you becoming a piece of luggage, by no will of your own, from age five. and i think the fact that you assign value to "unique cultural experiences" like "driving to a bedouin camp in the middle of the desert where they have traditional stuff" is even more tragic because you think that your experience was not a contrived tourist trap in cahoots with the luxury hotel through which you doubtlessly booked it.

you're an empty hawaiian shirt, alejandro.

I actually want to start a thread in the lounge about this. If you remember i posted my work experience in Proudiddy's thread about finding a job that fits you or something like that. I'm not coming up with enought cheddar that i would want to do what i'm trying to do.

I literally sold everything i own but an old beat up car (155,000 miles)  and some clothes and my laptop. If i start this thread in the lounge it would be awesome to hear about your experiences and insight about how to make it.

1 person likes this

I actually want to start a thread in the lounge about this. If you remember i posted my work experience in Proudiddy's thread about finding a job that fits you or something like that. I'm not coming up with enought cheddar that i would want to do what i'm trying to do.

I literally sold everything i own but an old beat up car (155,000 miles)  and some clothes and my laptop. If i start this thread in the lounge it would be awesome to hear about your experiences and insight about how to make it.

you should do it, that'd be an interesting read. i'm in the process of finishing up my book (finally) that integrates my journey with a social critique, using the former as a literary vehicle to explore the latter. i love discussing these sorts of things and they help fuel the creative process.

you should do it, that'd be an interesting read. i'm in the process of finishing up my book (finally) that integrates my journey with a social critique, using the former as a literary vehicle to explore the latter. i love discussing these sorts of things and they help fuel the creative process.

cool. i have a lot to unload about my upbringing and what is holding me back that kind of relates to what i have heard from you. I'll make the thread up sometime this weekend.

2 people like this

do you bring your girlfriend with you when you travel or is it too much of a pain to deflate her and then blow her back up again when you get there?

6 people like this

I thought he said she was a fiancée sometime last year but now she's just a girlfriend?

• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    black-n-blue

1. 1
    2. 2
      SCP
      SCP
    3. 3
    4. 4