Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grateflday

Cowher ready to coach

62 posts in this topic

I guess we'll see how stuck JR is on emulating the Stillers. This is a golden opportunity for him to try to turn the Panthers into the Steelers South. We'd still be missing a major piece of the puzzle...ie the Rooney family, but I doubt if JR will ever view himself as a weak link in the chain.

you need a veteran guy...and you can find one in the upcoming free agency, e.g. seneca wallace or hasselbeck.

I'd rather go for a FA-guy (whom you saw in the nfl already) than draft a rookie...especially when you have already two of them.

1) none of those guys are worth starting or building a team around

2) we need a vet brought in...but not to start. on the sidelines and as a backup. rookie will become a vet soon enough.

we won't keep both rookies from this year...i'm fully expecting none of the QBs on the roster to be around after this year. pike would be released (only a 6th rounder). moore will just not be re-signed. clausen will be traded.

49ers are in about as bad a shape at QB as the panthers. you want them to go after one of the FAs this year? lol good luck with that.

cowher = old man - we need a young guy with energy.

Young guy with energy = Josh McDaniels and i sure as hell dont want him coming to the Panthers.

The thing is Cowher will probably want complete control which means Hurney would be out. From what Gantt and everyone else has said Hurney is as safe as houses so I don't see it happening. I would love it though. Great coach.

Thats purely an assumption.

cowher = old man - we need a young guy with energy.

If I rewrite your formula I get this...

old man - we need a young guy with energy = cowher

I've double checked everything but I can't see how that equation equals cowher. I'm going to have to take points away from you.

1 person likes this

I can't see JR paying Cowher the big bucks he would demand,or want to give him the complete control he would surely ask for.

It just bothers me when they say Cowher will not be the coach because JR will not pay his salary. If anything, he has figured out that you need deep pockets to compete. He was paying Fox $6 million or more. The evidence is starting to mount:

1. Everyone assumed Cowher would go the Giants. He is happy at CBS, no pressure to come out now and he has waited for SOMETHING for the past few years--then he announces his interest in returning just 4 games before he KNOWS the Panthers are hiring. What other job opening is so well known?

2. The Panthers and the Steelers have a great rapport and mutual respect.

3. Cowher is a NC boy.

4. There is not a better opportunity to turn around a program immediately than in Carolina. Aside from re-signing our players, we need a RG in free agency, possibly at DT.

5. Marino made a comment to Cowher about Carolina during a telecast recently that suggested he would be the next coach. He later apologized for the comment. I blew it off then, but Marino would have a pretty good idea.

6. I think Cowher would like to coach in the NFC if he returns. I read that somewhere, but it is speculation at best. If true, that limits the suitors to the following 16 teams who might be looking for a coach:

Carolina

San Franciso (imagine the chin in SF? I cannot)

Minnesota (They have their next coach right now)

Detroit (Too soon)

Arizona (are they looking for a new coach or just a QB? I say they like the coach)

That is probably it. No changes in Dallas, Philly, Washington, NY; No changes in Green Bay or Chicago; No changes in Seattle or St. Louis; No changes in Atl, NO, or TB.

It is Carolina. He will not want to go West. I doubt Detroit is the job he wants, and they may not want to fire what they have. He has been an AFC commentator, so maybe I am wrong- but maybe that is why he wants NFC.

I think Cowher has unofficially and indirectly thrown his hat in the ring just when he knows the powers that be have begun to search for a coach in Carolina. At the beginning of the week, Grimm rumors circulated. That was the sign that the Panthers were beginning their search. That is when Cowher decided to play his hand.

2 people like this

money isn't an issue. power is.

1 person likes this

It just bothers me when they say Cowher will not be the coach because JR will not pay his salary. If anything, he has figured out that you need deep pockets to compete. He was paying Fox $6 million or more. The evidence is starting to mount:

1. Everyone assumed Cowher would go the Giants. He is happy at CBS, no pressure to come out now and he has waited for SOMETHING for the past few years--then he announces his interest in returning just 4 games before he KNOWS the Panthers are hiring. What other job opening is so well known?

2. The Panthers and the Steelers have a great rapport and mutual respect.

3. Cowher is a NC boy.

4. There is not a better opportunity to turn around a program immediately than in Carolina. Aside from re-signing our players, we need a RG in free agency, possibly at DT.

5. Marino made a comment to Cowher about Carolina during a telecast recently that suggested he would be the next coach. He later apologized for the comment. I blew it off then, but Marino would have a pretty good idea.

6. I think Cowher would like to coach in the NFC if he returns. I read that somewhere, but it is speculation at best. If true, that limits the suitors to the following 16 teams who might be looking for a coach:

Carolina

San Franciso (imagine the chin in SF? I cannot)

Minnesota (They have their next coach right now)

Detroit (Too soon)

Arizona (are they looking for a new coach or just a QB? I say they like the coach)

That is probably it. No changes in Dallas, Philly, Washington, NY; No changes in Green Bay or Chicago; No changes in Seattle or St. Louis; No changes in Atl, NO, or TB.

It is Carolina. He will not want to go West. I doubt Detroit is the job he wants, and they may not want to fire what they have. He has been an AFC commentator, so maybe I am wrong- but maybe that is why he wants NFC.

I think Cowher has unofficially and indirectly thrown his hat in the ring just when he knows the powers that be have begun to search for a coach in Carolina. At the beginning of the week, Grimm rumors circulated. That was the sign that the Panthers were beginning their search. That is when Cowher decided to play his hand.

Well stated argument there. I wouldn't mind if you were correct.

Cowher, Turner and Greene. Super Bowl! Lol

money isn't an issue. power is.

Buy this man a beer!

JR won't pay Cower? How soon some of you forget JR's letter the other day. He pretty much said, he's all in. If Cower is meant to be here, he will be.