Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

The Rooney Rule....

168 posts in this topic

OMG IS THAT YOU????

im fvckin eminem?? why am i eminem??

cus i believe in equal rights..

cus i said i hate the Nazi blood in me..

cus i believe that minorities are discriminated against daily in our society and we need to change it..

and thus the holding the black man down theory is debunked. Im sure some people are gonna get pissed at this. :lol:

It's a shame that some people of color will pose the accusation of "without the Rooney Rule, there would be no black coaches in the NFL," even when the facts prove otherwise. I don't understand why this is... it's sad, actually, and it takes away from the achievements of these men who have worked for what they have received and earned.

Yep and its helped the likes of Norm Chow as well as Ron Rivera.

exactlly..

The rule is fine, I just think it is stupid for teams that already have "a guy" in mind, whether he is black, white, or whatever to be forced to interview anyone else.

Actually, it is kinda stupid for a team to have "a guy" in mind, since not having a TRULY fair and open process for the job would be missing out on finding a real gem, regardless of race.

Overall, I like the idea of anything that makes these teams open up the process a bit more, in order to keep the same old recycles from making the rounds of the coaching carousel.

Is it a good thing that it only opens the door for minorities.....yeah, I suppose so, but again, I'm happier that it at least gives SOME chance for new blood to MAYBE get in to the coaching ranks.

I'm surprised it even HAS to be a rule, since I would think teams would want the BEST guy on the sidelines they could get. If this rule gives the best guy at least the CHANCE to show what he's got, terrific.

same here. if a team mid season fires the hc, and wants to promote the DC/OC whatever to full time going forward, they should reguardless of race. if they go into the offseason without a full time coach fine, let the process run its course. it got me that SF had singletary in mind and didnt have to go through the process but the rams did. during the season, both teams wanted to hire the interm coach as full time, but the rams couldnt b/c jim haslett was not a minority, but a white male. how the hell is that fair to him to sit and watch sf extend singletary when they want, but he cant get a extention to become the HC because he isnt a minority. this cuts both ways now.

also in the past teams have used old hats to skirt this rule with art shell and ray rhodes as "canidates" to fulfill the role. that imo diminishes what they previously did as coaches. the rule should force teams to interview current coordinators without NFL HC experiance too. that would really open up the nfl to new blood and not these old hats.

"In the past" meaning since 2003, right?

"In the past" meaning since 2003, right?

wasnt it shell and rhodes that were interviewed in the rooney rule era.

yes 2004 primarily. denny green phone interview with the boys in 04. rhodes with wash. denny actually may be the other not art.

im fvckin eminem?? why am i eminem??

cus i believe in equal rights..

cus i said i hate the Nazi blood in me..

cus i believe that minorities are discriminated against daily in our society and we need to change it..

No it's cause you are vulgar just like him.... I just thought of you when reading your posts.

Most black people are too dumb to be head coaches

most people arnt qualified to be head coaches reguardless of race. race has 0 to do with it.

You guys know that black people are more racist against white people than white people are against black people now.