Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Next Head Coach

907 posts in this topic

Posted

It could be Hue Jackson, Josh Mcdaniels somebody as the 5 candiate..This has my blood flowing.I wonder when we will find out..

Posted

I have a strong suspicion it will be Shottenheimer. Based on what JR has been saying, his focus has shifted from defense to offense. I now believe he is just interviewing these DC's as part of his due diligence (in the event one comes in with a plan he loves), but ultimately he will decide on a young OC as our next HC, and I just see Shotty as being his kind of guy...particularly with his daddy living just up the road. Heck, I wouldn't even be surprised if this happened that Marty would sign on in some sort of consulting role.

Posted

I still believe the head coach will be a defensive guy, but I think we will put more effort into getting the right offensive staff.

Posted

I also want to point out that we can't simply look at how a coach's offense or defense ranked in thinking about how good he would be. For the most part, HC is an administrative position. And most OC/DC's will not continue to run their side of the ball once they become HC's, they will hire someone else to run it.

What is more important is what is his philisophical viewpoint? Does he bielieve in an aggressive attacking scheme, a bend but don't break scheme, a reactive scheme, a WCO, a 4-3/3-4, or something else completely? How is he at evaluating talent? Does he inspire loyalty in his players and do his players execute? What kind of communicator is he? How organized is he? How clear a vision does he have?

HC is a completely different animal from a coordinator, and while you need the knowledge gained from running one side of the ball, there's so much more involved with running an entire team. And this is one reason why I think Schottenheimer will end up with the job. He already has a great local resource to help him make the adjustment, someone that has done the job, and been very successful for a very long time.

Posted

How likely is it the 5th mystery prospect is Dennis Green?

I'd say there's a great chance.

Really can't see us passing up a guy like a Dennis.

dennygreen.jpg

Posted

you have to remember the age factor, anyone over 50 is more than likely out

Posted

you have to remember the age factor, anyone over 50 is more than likely out

Dennis Green doesn't age, he simply gains another year's worth of brilliance with each passing increment of time.

Posted

If the Ravens get upset (don't count it) Id expect Cam Cameron to get a look...hes from Chapel Hill,NC. (yes I remember Miami)

I wouldn't, and I don't care where people grew up. That might be relevant in 30 years when people who grew up here grew up with this team.

Posted

There's 76 pages to this. I've been drinking Jamesons for about the last two hours. This last thought is without resolve nor correction. OK....Here goes.....I wnay somrbody that understands a freekin offense. i want a freekin line that protects the freekin QB and the RB'sand make hol;es. TYhe rest will take care of itself...............The re!

1 person likes this

Posted

Do you guys forsee the Panthers taking a look at Chip Kelley this weekend? I know Richardson said that he might look at a college coach and thought since he was gonna be out west they were targeting him?

Posted

Do you guys forsee the Panthers taking a look at Chip Kelley this weekend? I know Richardson said that he might look at a college coach and thought since he was gonna be out west they were targeting him?

When did he say that? Hurney was sitting right beside him when he said, "last time we went the assistant coach route, and that worked out pretty well."

Posted

Hurney insinuated the Panthers will be looking to hire an assistant or college coach, rather than a former NFL head coach. So, no Cowher, no Gruden"]- Hurney insinuated the Panthers will be looking to hire an assistant or college coach, rather than a former NFL head coach. So, no Cowher, no Gruden

http://www.derp/2011/1/4/1912941/the-conference-of-2011-richardson-morrison-and-hurney-speak