Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Can anybody seriously justify...

47 posts in this topic

Nat'l Endowment for the Arts 50 million--where's my paint brush

1 Billion for Amtrak

400 million---study global warming

Millions for medicaid

Go ahead guys, send in your resume.

I heard it was an enviromental study regarding the shortage of acorns and the impact on the hunting industry. :)

Did anyone seriously think a 900 billion stimulus package would not have pork from both sides attached?

Still let's wait till at least the thing gets through Congress before we start bitching and moaning.

Can he hypothetically justify a hypothetical?

What if there were no more hypothetical questions?

I heard it was an enviromental study regarding the shortage of acorns and the impact on the hunting industry. :)

Was that so difficult? We need to come together in these difficult times. :)

Did anyone seriously think a 900 billion stimulus package would not have pork from both sides attached?

Still let's wait till at least the thing gets through Congress before we start bitching and moaning.

Wouldn't it then be too late.

I hate the pound of cure route.

That is true. I think this thread is what prevented Congress from giving ACORN 4 billion dollars.

It's not just a little. The more I read, the more I see this thing as being a pork bonanza.

The Democrats are figuring that they can spend money on pretty much anything they want as long as they frame it to be "stimulus". I don't consider "neighborhood stabilization" to be an economic stimulus anymore than I do family planning. Pelosi's already been shot down. Won't be surprised if this is too. That isn't really the point.

By taking this path, the Democrats are showing themselves to be poor students of history. In this case, recent history.

Part of the reason the Republicans are no longer in power is they got drunk with it after winning and thought they could do anything. The Democrats are starting on the same route.

Given the party's propensity for spending, this could turn into the biggest shopping spree ever.

Do you think any of these crazy items in the package are just "Red Herrings" placed there by the Dems just to be taken out? Then they can claim they are reaching out too work with the Republicans. Just sounds like a pretty good chess move to me. The Dems win 3 ways....either they get the money or they say we tried and the nasty Reps. took it out and they get credit for being bipartisan.

Do you think any of these crazy items in the package are just "Red Herrings" placed there by the Dems just to be taken out? Then they can claim they are reaching out too work with the Republicans. Just sounds like a pretty good chess move to me. The Dems win 3 ways....either they get the money or they say we tried and the nasty Reps. took it out and they get credit for being bipartisan.

Doubt it. Pelosi summed it up with a "we won, we can do what we want" type comment. Technically true, but kinda stupid to say in public.