Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anybody seriously justify...

47 posts in this topic

Posted

I'd love to see what pork from the right side is attached.

Me, too ... but it's a Dem bill.

Posted

Heard a figure that says close to 90% of the spending is going to projects that don't start till 2011. How is that supposed to stimulate the current economy?

Starting to sound like this is nearly all pork.

Posted

Specially that 4 billion going right into ACORN's pockets!!!!

Posted

Posted

I wonder if one of our furriest mods is behind this...

Posted

I wonder if one of our furriest mods is behind this...

You might be on to something.

Posted

http://www.acorn.org/

Purely Democratic.

On Monday, Jan. 19, hundreds of volunteers nationwide joined ACORN members canvassing high-foreclosure neighborhoods in 30 cities, providing information and assistance to families with troubled loans as part of President-elect Barack Obama's National Service Day.

"Purely Democratic?"

Then I say, "Shame on Republicans"

Posted

Some business dude on TV said that only about 12% of the nearly 900 billion could in any way spark jobs.

Wish the bill was only 100 billion.

Correct me if I am wrong. In one of the debates, didn't Obama say like McCain, that he would veto "pork"? If my memory is correct, then he looks to be an incredible liar especially right out of the gate to sign this thing.

Posted

Obama said this on 1/6/09. Laughable. Especially the last paragraph.

… we’re going to have to stop talking about budget reform. We’re going to have to totally embrace it. It’s an absolute necessity.

And it has to begin with the economic recovery and reinvestment plan that Congress will soon be considering, that we’re going to be investing an extraordinary amount of money to jump-start our economy, save or create 3 million new jobs, mostly in the private sector, and lay a solid foundation for future growth.

But we’re not going to be able to expect the American people to support this critical effort unless we take extraordinary steps to ensure that the investments are made wisely and managed well. And that’s why my recovery and reinvestment plan will have - will set a new higher standard of accountability, transparency, and oversight.

We are going to ban all earmarks, the process by which individual members insert pet projects without review. We will create an economic recovery oversight board made up of key administration officials and independent advisers to identify problems early and make sure we’re doing all that we can to solve it. We will put information about where money is being spent online so that the American people know exactly where their precious tax dollars are going and whether we are hitting our marks.

Posted

Both sides of the fence throw their own crap into this so it can be passed. Welcome to politics!

Posted

Both sides of the fence throw their own crap into this so it can be passed. Welcome to politics!

Honey, this is a Democrat bill all the way .... Obama wanted Republican support for it so his party won't have to take all the blame for it not working, or for the pork in it ... he didn't need any Republican votes in the House.