Photo
- - - - -

this is just wrong

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#16 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,390 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:40 AM

If only they could just go back to molesting our children...

#17 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:06 AM

fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:

#18 StepandFetch

StepandFetch

............chicken wire?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:16 AM

Really have a hard time believing this.

Also, the fact that their kid was on a 5 week break makes me think this is a private school or something....

I hope its just one little instance and blown out of proportion...its hard to know how true any of this is... I would be worried if it is widespread, or if it is mandated...

I just don't want to come off as an alarmist... these are alarming times, but I am not an alarmist.

#19 TurnpikeMike

TurnpikeMike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:17 AM

I make my kids pray to Obama at night 7 times a day, facing Mecca.

#20 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

I hope its just one little instance and blown out of proportion...its hard to know how true any of this is... I would be worried if it is widespread, or if it is mandated...

I just don't want to come off as an alarmist... these are alarming times, but I am not an alarmist.

mandated? are you serious? do you think somebody on the ron paul website would be the only one to notice if schools nationwide were forcing kids to salute the great leader obama?

#21 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,427 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

Each president has his own mini cult of personality that forms in the days after they take office. This is out of line but nothing that a call to the schools office wouldn't resolve. The need for someone to blog about it is a primary indicator that they are more interested in making hay than solving the problem.

I don't think I'd call Obama's cult of personality "mini". There are a fair number of people whose level of fawning over a guy that's still essentially a politician borders on the ridiculous (I work with quite a few of them). And that's not even counting the media. ABC changing up their logo says a lot about their objectivity.

That said, this sounds isolated. Put it on the same category as the "Hitler Youth" type story prior to the election (i.e. people being stupid).

#22 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:32 PM

We had pictures of Bush and Rumsfeld in some teachers rooms, some were forced to pray. All this is, is payback for the last 8 years.

In 4 or 8 years it might change again, it is something that has been around since the 50's. Dem. or Rep., it is there to create a sense of leadership and sense of nation.

You dont have to agree with or like who is in charge, but this isnt going to corrupt your child and turn him into a liberal hippy. You do this at home, you teach them their values, not some teacher they only have for 1 year out of the 80 yrs they are alive.

There are way worse people that a teacher could have up, Che anybody? maybe ummm......Malcom X.

#23 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:09 PM

if you don't forward this email to 100 republicans obama will come to your house and date your daughter

#24 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,266 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

There are way worse people that a teacher could have up, Che anybody? maybe ummm......Malcom X.

Malcolm X?!?!?

Are you f*cking serious?

[L]istening to leaders like Nasser, Ben Bella, and Nkrumah awakened me to the dangers of racism. I realized racism isn't just a black and white problem. It's brought bloodbaths to about every nation on earth at one time or another.

Brother, remember the time that white college girl came into the restaurant — the one who wanted to help the [Black] Muslims and the whites get together — and I told her there wasn't a ghost of a chance and she went away crying? Well, I've lived to regret that incident. In many parts of the African continent I saw white students helping black people. Something like this kills a lot of argument. I did many things as a [Black] Muslim that I'm sorry for now. I was a zombie then — like all [Black] Muslims — I was hypnotized, pointed in a certain direction and told to march. Well, I guess a man's entitled to make a fool of himself if he's ready to pay the cost. It cost me 12 years.

That was a bad scene, brother. The sickness and madness of those days — I'm glad to be free of them.

That's the kind of personal integrity and accountability we should all aspire to.

Edited by Inimicus, 28 January 2009 - 03:51 PM.
so Zod doesnt smite me...

#25 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:14 PM

it'd probably be more helpful to actually teach children about che than most of the things we learn about

#26 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,925 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:01 PM

We had pictures of Bush and Rumsfeld in some teachers rooms, some were forced to pray. All this is, is payback for the last 8 years.

that statement is way more false than true. i dont know what schools you were attending, but during my educational tenure, teachers often spoke poorly of bush and the republican party in general. it was pretty much like that everywhere i went...and especially during college.

teachers for the most part are all demorcats...cause they work for the government.

the information in the initial post regarding the classroom is very disturbing. i could see many teachers using this opportunity as a chance to mis-influence our youth. well, ok nevermind...theyve been doing that for years now.

Edited by venom, 28 January 2009 - 02:24 PM.

#27 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:15 PM

"forced to pray" - do you read posts before replying?

Teacher for the most part are democrats, because they are, in most cases, intelligent, caring, and see a lot of things that happen to innocent kids and adults on a daily basis that we generally do not.

Our military people work for the government as well.

#28 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,925 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:23 PM

Teacher for the most part are democrats, because they are, in most cases, intelligent, caring, and see a lot of things that happen to innocent kids and adults on a daily basis that we generally do not.

no. theyre demorcats because they work for the government.

#29 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:23 PM

Teachers for the most part are democrats, because they are, in most cases, people who didn't make a good living with their college degree and so they fell back on teaching.

Fixed it

#30 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,266 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:24 PM

I don't think I'd call Obama's cult of personality "mini". There are a fair number of people whose level of fawning over a guy that's still essentially a politician borders on the ridiculous (I work with quite a few of them). And that's not even counting the media. ABC changing up their logo says a lot about their objectivity.

That said, this sounds isolated. Put it on the same category as the "Hitler Youth" type story prior to the election (i.e. people being stupid).

I say mini because we are a long way from the sides of buildings emblazoned with his image. There are zealots and true believers on both sides and it seems like in the days and weeks following their candidate taking the reins, they are worse that Falcons Fans after they beat the Panthers. It doesn't surprise me that after the change of power some of the more hard line lefties that had become so full of actual hate for GWB go a little too far.

And I did a search but couldn't find anything about ABC changing their logo... can you elaborate?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com