87 replies to this topic

#16 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:11 AM

So this dude I know met Steve Smith at a restaurant and they started talking (it's true, Smitty enjoys a tasty burger once in awhile.) Apparently, he told him that he was selling his house because he wanted a bigger place in the area for his growing family and frankly, more privacy, but I told him that he's actually going to ask for a trade next season. I bet Smith is just saying that because he doesn't want negative attention and he's probably frustrated out of mind running routes for Clausen every game. So now he's not happy about it.

Sorry 89, didn't mean to out you...lol

Rofl.

This thread is kinda.. well.. smells of poo.

#17 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:18 AM

I ran into Dom Capers at the Waffle House and he told me that Steve Smith wanted to be traded because he was getting scattered, smothered, and covered by opposing defenses. He could have just been talking about his hash browns, but I think that was code for Steve Smith. I don't care if you guys believe me or not.

#18 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:23 AM

Last Summer I sat across the bar from Jerry Rice at one of his favorite Mexican places in Redwood City. I didn't say a damn thing to him, nor the woman he was with.

#19 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:26 AM

Apparently, he told her that he was staying here next season, but I told her that he's most likely not.

So you know more about him than he does?

I'll have to keep that in mind...

Edited by Jackofalltrades, 21 December 2010 - 03:29 AM.

#20 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:40 AM

one day, a friend of mine told me that he had never met deangelo williams or steve smith...

...and i believed him.

#21 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:43 AM

D'Will stays, It's the OL that will be dismantled, anyone noticed that for two years the big runs have come from the rightside?

#22 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:46 AM

Last Summer I sat across the bar from Jerry Rice at one of his favorite Mexican places in Redwood City. I didn't say a damn thing to him, nor the woman he was with.

one day, a friend of mine told me that he had never met deangelo williams or steve smith...

...and i believed him.

Man, you'll fall for anything won't you?

#23 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:52 AM

With the rise of Goodson I think many people have this idea were gonna keep him since he would be a cheaper back. I'm a firm believer that Goodson will be the one that isn't with Carolina next season. Dwill has said he wants to stay here and to be honest Dwill is better then Goodson. You don't let talent that wants to stay here walk away like that. If anyone says well Peppers blah blah blah, Peppers wanted out of Carolina.

#24 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:19 AM

Didn't Hurney just say a week or two ago on Panthers Talk or some local radio show that the FO certainly considered DWill part of the core and they plan to bring him back? I thought someone posted that on here...

#25 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:32 AM

Didn't Hurney just say a week or two ago on Panthers Talk or some local radio show that the FO certainly considered DWill part of the core and they plan to bring him back? I thought someone posted that on here...

link?

#26 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:33 AM

I saw Big Ben in a bar a while back. He took this chic in the back room, and when she came out she said she didn't know why they called him Big Ben.....

#27 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:35 AM

So you know more about him than he does?

I'll have to keep that in mind...

Crazy, no?

#28 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:39 AM

link?

I'd suggest to search it, but I'm pretty sure I read it last week or so on here in one of the threads...

#29 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:46 AM

Found it, my bad, I may have inferred a bit out of it, but you can take this either as being extremely good or extremely vague... But, if I'm not mistaken he answered a question like this on the radio and sounded similar but more concrete about bringing him back (I could be completely wrong though so don't bank on it, lol)

http://www.rotoworld...=3611&sport=NFL

DeAngelo Williams' (injured reserve, sprained foot) agent, Jimmy Sexton, said he hasn't had any substantial conversations with the Panthers about the future of his client.
Asked if his team wanted to re-sign the impending free agent, GM Marty Hurney only said, "We've said throughout we want to keep the core of this team together." Conventional wisdom says the Panthers aren't likely to retain Williams with Jonathan Stewart capable of handling a bigger role, but they could choose to use the franchise tag and look to trade him.
Source: Charlotte Observer

#30 jim stone

jim stone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:27 AM

So we get a decient # to draft our choice of rookies. Then we dump out best player. I thought fox was gonna be leaving.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com