• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 Fan4life

Fan4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:24 PM

I'm thinking that we just changed or changing our Defensive coaches so that peppers might change his mind.

#17 jspeight49er

jspeight49er

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:27 PM

do you really think we'll get two first rounders for an aging DE who wants to be an OLB? I'd love it if you're right, but i'd be happy with a 1st and a 2nd or 1, 3, and 5

#18 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:28 PM

His heart is no longer here; he would not be happy and he would bring others down as well....we'll be better off with a first round draft pick.

#19 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,846 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:41 PM

Nope, I look forward to a possible 1st round pick plus for Pep. If indeed that's possible since 90 was gracious enough to announce to the world he won't be back in Carolina.
He doesn't do that, I'd still want him back.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,642 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:51 PM

the glass is already broken.

Edited by rayzor, 01 February 2009 - 03:54 PM.

#21 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:00 PM

[/zods bant word] him!

Ditto... i was wondering how i could express my true sentiment without the wrath of zod.

#22 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:12 PM

No not at all. I do not want a player that has pretty much said that he has not laid it all out there on the field, because of the "scheme". That does not excuse the fact that he has "not reached his potential" To me that showed he could have done more but just chose not to. In 2007 he was invisible and in '08 he just did enough to show the league he can play. That is why I dont want him in Charlotte anymore - what is gonna happen if he doesnt like the scheme again?? The Panthers will end up with the 2007 version of Peppers.

I think we have seen all Pep can do. The Panthers need to get what they can, use the picks and money to load up on defense.

#23 xPUREBYBLOODx

xPUREBYBLOODx

StraightXXXLife

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

Praying is stupid.

Pep is also not coming back.

Well...your right about one thing

#24 guyinchesapeake

guyinchesapeake

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:19 PM

The Panthers were giving up 30 plus points a game in most of our late season games, with Pep in there. Not to mention we gave up lots of yeards. I don't think we have a hope in heck of getting a first round pick for him, much less 2. I feel we should get what we can for him, and let him go. A guy that unhappy, who wants a whole new defensive scheme introduced for HIS benefit, just isn't conducive to the good chemistry needed for a defense to play to its full potential. I say let him go, and wish him well in the process.

As far as talk about him becoming an outside linebacker, I actually think that may not be a bad fit for him. The guy's a freak athletically. The question at this point is can he learn the ins and outs of the position in a short time? Regardless, I'd rather play him as an OLB than see him lining up as a receiver, as happened in the '03 and '04 seasons. I thought that was taking an unecessary risk when he had guys in uniform who are actually paid to CATCH PASSES!

#25 The Answer

The Answer

Don't panic, it's organic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:39 PM

No, I think he's a cotton headed ninny muggin just for wanting gone in the first place.

#26 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,272 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:15 PM

I pray for peace, an end to world hunger, medical advances/cures, etc.

Pep, football, etc.....NO.

#27 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:26 PM

I'd only want him to stay if he changes mind. I don't care if we get a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick, we're more than likely not going to get any players that can make the kind of impact that Pep can.

#28 jbernar6

jbernar6

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:18 PM

Well...your right about one thing

:devil:
nope, both were accurate.

#29 5158Poundin

5158Poundin

Here Kitty Kitty

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:37 PM

Well now that he's pissed in the water....I just think it's time for him to go...it seems he wants other things and TEAM doesn't seem to be in the vocabulary right now.

I love Pep as much as anyone else and this is something that hurts since he's a homestate boy and all....but don't let the door hit him on the arse on the way out, we don't need someone who doesn't want to be here....he will only be a source of frustration to us all in the end.

#30 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:56 AM

in this scenario, i beleive what peppers is saying, but you never know. these guys agents get their players to say all kinds of things when its contract time. its all about the money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com