Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaCatBrigade

Best Player Available

49 posts in this topic

Yeah that does seem about right. He said in 2008 that when his Career is over he wants to Coach at a High School there.

So with that being said, why would we still pick Green?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2008/10/08/239391/lake-norman-high-treated-to-visit.html

Cause he is BPA, a real #1 WR and how much longer is Smitty going to be playing?

He isn't the triple crown Smitty anymore. Time to find a replacement for the near future.

I think Green is the best player in the draft, and I think you take that player in the top 5 regardless of your roster. Drafting for need there is asking for a bust.

Touché

I'm good with Green or Newton. Wouldn't want to take defense at this point.

I don't know why we wouldn't resign CJ, who we know is talented and draft someone who could be a huge miss...

I meant that I doubt that they don't re-sign him, meaning i think they will re-sign him.

So if we get Green, who is going to throw to him? I know it's not Clausen.

Newton, Fairly, or Peterson are the only options we have at positions we NEED to address NOW.

How about Tyrod :D

I know I have said Orton about 20 times now in many different threads... I've said it so many times I feel it's getting annoying to other people on the board.. but I seriously think we should grab Orton, who has been solid both in Denver and Chicago..

I meant that I doubt that they don't re-sign him, meaning i think they will re-sign him.

my bad, I agree with you then...

I just wish Fairley was more convincing as a #1 overall. I'd be fine with taking a solid DT, I just don't know if he's the right guy. Having said that, you do have to get value out of a spot like that, so Bowers or Green have to be the pick. I'd be okay with Bowers. Seems like he'll be a monster at the next level.

You know whats fun, we get to talk about this for the next 4 months!!! YAY!!!!

I'm good with Green or Newton. Wouldn't want to take defense at this point.
That's pretty much me. If Newton lights it up tomorrow I might would rather have him but I wouldn't be too upset with either one. I just don't get upgrading the D since they were good last year.

I wouldn't write off Clausen yet. That offense was pathetic last year, he had no good sets to work with. Let's see what Ramsdell can do with him.