Photo
- - - - -

Its almost Official: Ron Rivera will be named Panthers Head Coach

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
96 replies to this topic

#91 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

just a little thought to mull around, it doesn't help this forum's case when everybody's supposedly sick of KT's race bait trolling when we haven't even 100% officially signed our first minority coach and everybody's going "OMG TACOSSSSZZZZ!!!!!111!!!one!!"

we have a winner

#92 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

Pantherclaw, WCNC showed a pretty awesome video of Rivera in San Diego RIPPING into his defensive guys during a game when the San Diego offense was on the field. It was about as animated as a coach can get.

#93 ncguy2184

ncguy2184

Mmmm BoJangles......

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

I know 1 thing oregon has some HOT cheerleaders

#94 micklimey

micklimey

ROOKIE

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

Pantherclaw, WCNC showed a pretty awesome video of Rivera in San Diego RIPPING into his defensive guys during a game when the San Diego offense was on the field. It was about as animated as a coach can get.

Its not the defense I'm worried about. It's his game plan on offense that concerns me. Kind of sounds like the last head coach. Should be really exciting to watch.

http://www.pittsburg...s/s_489264.html

"I grew up playing rough, tough, physical football," said Rivera, a former linebacker who got his coaching start with the Bears as a low-level defensive assistant in 1997. "You beat up your opponent, you got after them. (The Steelers') characteristic is they love running the football. I believe in running the football. As a defensive coach, I want to attack. Those are some of the characteristics that I believe the Rooneys are looking for.

#95 mj4life

mj4life

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:32 PM

Now if he installs a Jim Johnson system here, I would be a happy man. Assuming we find someone to fix the offense and we draft a quarterback.

This link suggests that they are informing other candidates that their services are not required. Must be talking dollars and cents at this point.

http://www.rotoworld...ort=NFL&id=2352

you & me both. Riveria has played & coached in schemes that are agressive, so i think he will be the same here. hopefully our offense will improve but either way i will enjoy a defense that trys to dictate instead of react to what the other team is doing

#96 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

Banned

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

Hope the OC is as agressive as Riveria's defenses

#97 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:47 PM

The Chargers are expected to interview 49ers in-limbo defensive coordinator Greg Manusky for the same position in San Diego.

It's a natural fit, and not just because Manusky runs a 3-4. A longtime Chargers special teamer in his playing days, Manusky spent the 2002-2006 seasons coaching San Diego's linebackers (under Wade Phillips for two of them), and was a very capable coordinator in San Francisco. He's leaving only because new coach Jim Harbaugh wants "his guy" (Vic Fangio).

So the Chargers already sitting up interviews for DC position... its pretty safe to say Rivera is a Panther.